Random Chit Chat

Anyone know where I can get a nickel-plated copper or aluminum rod? I also need to be able to bend it into this shape:

theremin%20Eivind%20Fivelsdal.jpg

XD This is gonna be really hard to do.

Debian runs on my ancient 500MHz AMD system (i forget which cpu model) with 64MB RAM and a 3DFX Banshee GPU. There is no way in hell I would get ubuntu to even boot on it. Also, it is just ubuntu afaik where you have to hunt down the codecs. Debian 5 came with them for sure, and I am pretty sure debian 6 does.

I looked up debian but do you have to download all those dvds that distro would be like 20GB on disk or is it just one that you need along with a tone of extra stuff on other dvds?

\

OMG! A Clie user. By any chance are you a member of 1src.com?

No I don't even know what that is

I looked up debian but do you have to download all those dvds that distro would be like 20GB on disk or is it just one that you need along with a tone of extra stuff on other dvds?

No I don't even know what that is
Just the first DVD is needed for most users.

1src.com is a Palm forum with a large Sony Clie fanbase.

You only need CD #1. Ubuntu is based off debian, but lately they've been making things worse, not better. Debian is definitely the #1 distro for servers, and it has tons of distros based off it.

The Zune got hacked a few days back. Maybe we will see something cool. Right now, the only thing I find interesting is being able to run Doom.

Really? That seems really big compared to my 8800GT, and that's about 10-11 inches IIRC. I can't watch the vid, my brother is DL.

Kinda stupid on what Apple is doing with the iPod Touch. They are selling the 8GB version as a third generation, where it's really an second generation with an updated OS. Then it jumps from 8GB to 32GB, where 32GB is the true third generation with the same hardware as the iPhone. Good thing I went with the Zune HD then, I would've wanted the 32GB, and set my back $100.
I'm looking at iPod Touch because my brother needs an new MP3 player. Would be pretty easy to find, but he wants one that can play videos with good quality, and a good screen size. Don't think he wants the Cowon S9 nor the Samsung P3. So the only thing that's left is either the iPod Touch, or the Zune HD (which seems like he doesn't want one because I own one).

Back
Top Bottom