Random Chit Chat

omg im jealous for the fact youve got a gtx 470!! how much did it cost you, i havnt looked into the prices yet

edit: ooo i checked the prices, and £300 ish is not that bad come to think about it

You have a nice clean set up Grantofhell. ;)

I wonder how the GTX 470 compares agains't the ATI Radeon HD 5870, which is about the same money?

EDIT: I picked up an old P4 2.4Ghz 512MB RAM (working) tower yesterday. Left in the street.

DSC01123-1.jpg

Should make a great 'box' for Uncle Torrence.

Nice read!

@FootHead: Interesting. I'll look around and see what success others have had. This is card is from the first lot of Fermi cards and I have no interest in bricking it. So I'll wait a bit and see what luck others get with unlocking 64 more SPU's on the 470 or 32 more on the 480.

Well, by looking at the HDD cable, it was ditched there because they thought it was "broken". Someone must have unplugged the cable cleaning it out and thought they broke it. lol at people who have no clue wtf they are doing sometimes.

Looks like a P4 at 2.0, by the way.

it looks it but there's a little red wire coming out of it the the right side,, and im guessing the port is hiding behind the IDE cable

@Remeniz wtf! some one just left that there, in the street LOL interesting but odd find

Yep. It might have been there over night. My girlfriend spotted it near the bins when she went out the next day. It was the neighbour's.

the cpu fan looks to be running yet I don't see a power cable going into the computer

It's plugged in and running. The shot hid the power cable.

Well, by looking at the HDD cable, it was ditched there because they thought it was "broken". Someone must have unplugged the cable cleaning it out and thought they broke it. lol at people who have no clue wtf they are doing sometimes.

Looks like a P4 at 2.0, by the way.

It's definitely a P4 2.4Ghz. I'll get some CPUZ screenies once i've transferred the innards to a larger case. The HDD cable was attached already. In fact it booted to Windows! The HDD plug thats hanging in the shot is the end of the IDE cable. The hard drive (mounted vertically on the front) is plugged in the second HDD plug on the same cable. My girlfriends neighbour said that the hard drive had a bug in it and although they said she could have it they advised us not to use it.

Anyways i've done a full OS install, (the pictures were taken while the OS was installing). Just gotta find the on-board audio/video drivers. Once I complete the transfer it should be good to go.

:D

Back
Top Bottom