Random Chit Chat

Try changing it with AMD overdrive and see where that gets you.

I think I am slowly losing my mind. And I discovered a new way to cook chicken and hamburgers in the process.

I was trying to make myself a sandwich because I haven't eaten in over 24 hours, and I ended up splitting a slice of chicken breast and putting it in the four slot toaster, and putting the bun in the microwave.

The lesson here: Food is good for your brain.

ill have a try in amd overdrive soon, and LOL they always say you discover somethign new every day :p

edit: ok, increased it to 1.45 and just gonna test 3.8ghz

ok this is just wierd, amd overdrive never saves any setting I do??? Even when I OC the cpu in there it doesnt save, even when I apply and click ok, I cant see a save anywere either

Not to ruin your roll, but be careful about your vCore. 45nm's are kind of picky. Some can take heavy voltage. Some get toasty around the 1.5 area. But do understand that there is a difference between what you see in BIOS, and what your core is actually getting. That's called vOffset.

Are you trying to adjust it by adjusting the CPU voltage control? The very bottom value which is Normal CPU Vcore is what it is set at stock and you can't change that all that is is a reference so you can tell what voltage you are setting it to by adjusting the voltage control. You adjust it by changing the CPU voltage control which is directly above where it says the Normal CPU Vcore the values are Normal then it goes up in .025v increments from there.

For intel CPUs. AMD's 45nm can handle a lot more than this. I have seen people run them up to 2.3v with no adverse effects.

My CPU starts getting insane hot when i get anywhere near 1.5 vcore. Anything I go over where I am now and the temps start getting way to hot for my liking but I also dont have the best cooler and my ambient temps can get pretty darn hot in the summer. AMD states that 1.52v is the max for the Phenom II's if I am mistaking and the temp max is 62 I believe. I know those are probably being pretty conservative but I like to stay within those limits just to be on the safe side. I have pushed it more than that but I don't keep it set over those for more than benching.

My CPU starts getting insane hot when i get anywhere near 1.5 vcore. Anything I go over where I am now and the temps start getting way to hot for my liking but I also dont have the best cooler and my ambient temps can get pretty darn hot in the summer. AMD states that 1.52v is the max for the Phenom II's if I am mistaking and the temp max is 62 I believe. I know those are probably being pretty conservative but I like to stay within those limits just to be on the safe side. I have pushed it more than that but I don't keep it set over those for more than benching.

I have had mine up to 1.675 on air before, and it was still below 60C.

Anything over that was where my stupid GameXstream PSU's 12v rail became overdrawn, so I was voltage limited. I had 2000CFM + the biggest cooler you have ever seen at my disposal. Of course, it was only on one of those box fans when at 1.675v.

Back
Top Bottom