Random Chit Chat

Well it depends. Your E7200 is prolly better than a Phenom x4 at like 1.8GHz, which i think is the slowest quad core on the market, and iirc was only a HP oem.

Any other would beat it pretty much.

Which one are you thinking? Q66 is epic, and can be had for cheap right now.

Alright, then I guess I shouldn't bother getting anymore DDR2 ram then. Are there any AMD AM3 boards that supports both CrossX and SLI?

I like it, but I might tape it and spray it black. I'm just not a "blue" kind of person. Not that kind of blue anyways. I might do something with the LEDs too....I just don't like LEDs. Hahahaha.

EDIT: Teny, unless you are going super budget with something, quad is pretty much the standard now, IMHO. Unless you are pitting like an older quad (1st gen. phenoms) against something newer that's dual core (new dual cores from AMD), etc.

NEVER buy a first gen phenom unless its for a server maybe? idk, there POS it think.

SO Super, you'd recon that controller to be able to power 4 regular 120mm fans and my areocool 3000 fan with the CCFLs and stuff as well.

Which one are you thinking? Q66 is epic, and can be had for cheap right now.

At first, I was thinking of getting the Q8200 (I think it was the Q8200). It was like $130 at Micro IIRC. However, I was thinking of just getting a new board, CPU, and RAM altogether.

Alright, then I guess I shouldn't bother getting anymore DDR2 ram then. Are there any AMD AM3 boards that supports both CrossX and SLI?

With a simple hack, you can SLI on any board.

With what you have already, look for a Q6600 used.

NEVER buy a first gen phenom unless its for a server maybe? idk, there POS it think.

They are not POS. They actually are pretty good CPUs, they just do not OC very well and there are better out for cheaper now. Still, they are really good for a HTPC or midrange gaming if you can get an x4 one for under $80. Tigerdirect had 9750s for $60 a while back, that is what is in my brother's new comp.

At first, I was thinking of getting the Q8200 (I think it was the Q8200). It was like $130 at Micro IIRC. However, I was thinking of just getting a new board, CPU, and RAM altogether.

What is your budget?

It all depends on budget.

SO Super, you'd recon that controller to be able to power 4 regular 120mm fans and my areocool 3000 fan with the CCFLs and stuff as well.

Would it work with four panaflos?

Damn hard to find one for panaflos.

They are not POS. They actually are pretty good CPUs, they just do not OC very well and there are better out for cheaper now. Still, they are really good for a HTPC or midrange gaming if you can get an x4 one for under $80. Tigerdirect had 9750s for $60 a while back, that is what is in my brother's new comp.

i only said there POS because why spend 80$ on a slow clocked, quad, when for the same money, sometimes a bit more, you can get a PhenomII X3 for the same, and get better performance

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...652&cm_re=Phenom_II_X3-_-19-103-652-_-Product

Don't really have a budget. Just want to upgrade without spending much. If I were to upgrade the CPU, then I would probably get one around April. If I were to get the mobo, CPU, and RAM, then I'll probably get them early fall to early winter.
It seems like the Q8200 from Micro is cheaper than the Q6600 from the sites I look at. I like to keep my parts ~$100 and below unless it's not really possible.

i only said there POS because why spend 80$ on a slow clocked, quad, when for the same money, sometimes a bit more, you can get a PhenomII X3 for the same, and get better performance

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...652&cm_re=Phenom_II_X3-_-19-103-652-_-Product

You have to buy a HSF too. And the 9750 is clocked at 2.4GHz, which really is not too bad.

I agree that it is not a very good buy right now with the Athlon IIs out. Like I said, the one I bought was an exception at $60. They occasionally pop up really cheap like that on other sites too.

I've got mine overloaded and it's running fine. I've got 2 scythes (ultra kaze and slipstream; both highest RPM ones on newegg i think) and then 3 80mm high flow masscool fans, and then my GPU fan and then the cathodes are on the switches.

I've got mine overloaded and it's running fine. I've got 2 scythes (ultra kaze and slipstream; both highest RPM ones on newegg i think) and then 3 80mm high flow masscool fans, and then my GPU fan and then the cathodes are on the switches.

nice!

I'll have to get one sometime here

Back
Top Bottom