Random Chit Chat

Alright, I stopped at 650 Sec with 99c. I would change the thermal paste, but I am sure I will end up screwing up the process. Is there anyway to know if thermal paste need changing later on?

I change it often anyways. It's not necessary, but I always like the feel of a fresh application.

I don't understand the question the way it's worded. It's been quite a long few days for me. soz.

What I meant was if the GPU never went past 90c, will I have to change it? I don't game much, the longest time I gamed was about 3 hours. Every other time I game never lasted over an hour, so it doesn't really get hot.

We should host the CF meeting in CO, so you guys can help me do these things, haha. I just need someone show it to me in person just once before I try it.

Most compounds can handle well over 100C, and about up to 120C. And others can go beyond that, too. If it's stayed under 90 for most of the time, you should be alright. I wouldn't make it top priority, but I'd put it on the list somewhere.

I can make a video of it, if you want me to. But it'll have to be tomorrow. Too poor of lighting to do it at 1am, lol.

EDIT: Not tomorrow, technically...How about "later today".

Watch a video on youtube?

You put more than you would for a CPU, and pre-flatten it with a card on the heatsink. You leave the GPU alone. Then you let the pressure from installing the heatsinkget the thickness perfect.

EDIT: Damn, I've been sitting on this page for a long time. lol.

That might help, but not as good as someone showing me in person. It's nice when there is somebody right next to me walking me through the whole process. I probably won't change the thermal paste for awhile, I get paranoid with new things.

Back
Top Bottom