Random Chit Chat

I'll jump in here to randomly tell you guys about my iPhone.

I was eating some soup downstairs, watching TV, taking care of my body. Been pretty sick for the past few days so I'm taking it easy.

I was playing Words With Friends and was trying to spell the word "Failure." Want to guess what actually happened?

...I dropped my iPhone straight into the soup bowl. WOOHOO!

It's been turned off and is currently mating with my hairdryer. I've checked the water damage sensors and all of them are still white (which means no water damage). I'm just hoping that they'll remain white and the phone will still work.

This wonderful event comes just 15 hours before my Apple Genius appointment to diagnose service problems on my phone. Geez, what great timing. ;)

That sucks. I haven't dropped any of my electronics in water-based substances in awhile. Closest was dropping my Zune in the snow.

On another note, anybody here play SFIV? Doesn't matter which system, unless it's the arcade or iphone version because I don't have those.

NO HAIRDRYER!!!!!!

Put it in a jar with rice/silica gel.

it might be gone because that was soup and contains salts/sugars/whatever else.

I've done the hairdryer before and it worked wonders on my Nextel phones. Key is to have it far away and on a low/cooler setting so it doesn't actually push any of the water further into the phone's electronics. You just want enough hot air to dry it up.

My jar with rice and silica from three different pill boxes is sitting right next to my monitor as we speak. That's step 2! :p

I have MagicISO. After years of pirating their great software, I decided I'd finally buy a license. It's worth the cost.

Back
Top Bottom