So I want to try to avoid making a thread about xbox360 vs PS3 so I'll give here a shot in case anyone has an opinion. I just wanna second pair of eyes on this before I walk into something I might regret.
A few conditions
1) I hate buying games. It pisses me off that I have to pay $60 for disc with fun on it. Sweet Haysus that's ridiculous.
2) I like to go big or go home. When I say that, I mean I want the best value for my dollar
, and the most features and bells/whistles I can get for a decent price.
3) Pretty much anyone I know has xbox360. I have yet to meet someone with a PS3...or someone who uses it online anyways. So, for online stuff, my friends have xbox360. However, I'm not sure who has what on here!
4) Unless I'm going for online play with friends, the only thing I'll probably play offline is Madden
. I like FPS's on computer WAYYY more. Although, driving games are a toss up for me. I'll play them on console or PC. So. For the time being, assume I'm only going to play Madden (offline and online; or COD4 online with a friend).
5) Until BluRay writers for computer become cheaper, I won't use it for movies. I'm not paying $30 for a damn movie, and I'm not going to DL them and burn them because the discs are too expensive and honestly, I don't mind the quality difference.
6) I'm not a real stickler on ethernet vs. wireless. I know the Xbox doesn't come with wireless which is kind of stupid if you ask me, but whatever.
7) It pisses me off that I'd have to pay for xbox live. However, I've heard it's better than PS3 online. Opinions?
7) It'll be going in my dorm room (and it'll be taken home as well, I suppose) and will primarily be played on the 32" LCD
I plan on buying coming up. It most likely will be a 720p, unless I can find a real steal on a 1080p. We'll assume, then, that it'll be 720p.
So then, here's what I'm debating over:
Tiger had the COD4 XBOX360
bundle I was thinking of getting because it seems to be the best "deal" 2 controllers, headset, and the largest HDD. However, like I said, I can play COD4 online with a pal, but I really wanna play Madden10. So it's be $400 + ~$60. Plus IDK if TD has sales tax or not. So it'd be around $460.
Otherwise, Sam's Club (of which I am a tax exempt business member) has a PS3 bundle that consists of:
2 black wireless controllers
All of that for $450. So essentially, the same price for what I'd want for both systems. I'm just stuck. I'm not sure which I want or if I want to pull the trigger at all. I'm obviously going to wait about 2 weeks either way because 1) I need to get my LCD first and 2) I want to see how my homework load is this semester.