Random Chit Chat

So I am on this e-rewards program that Gamestop suggested me doing. I do surveys and if I get $50 e-credits, I can exchange it for an $25 gift card that would take a month or so to arrive. However, I have never completed a survey before, I always get "Unfortunately, you are not eligible for this survey", so I only get about .25-1.00 per survey whereas I can get 4.00 to 12.00 if I was eligible.

EDIT- Woot! They aren't remaking FFVII!

Word of advice: don't use the stock intel HSF's that come with the E-Core2Duo series (came with my E8400) on a LGA775 P4 3.2GHz. I shut it off after about 10 seconds...it was sitting in BIOS @ 65*C. Pathetic. Stupid aluminum core BS. I gotta rip the copper core one of my parents, I guess...then install the extra Xiggy on my parents computer. What a waste of my f-in MX-2. Dammit anyways.

So. In summary, I took off the stock Intel copper-cored HSF from my parents rig (E6420) and put on the Xiggy. I've had it at a mild OC (2.6Ghz, stock is 2.13Ghz) and it always ran cool (~27*). The Xiggy dropped it to 19*C. That's pretty good in my book. I guess I'll have to OC that thing now. I can probably easily get it to 3.0Ghz. We'll see if I can keep the vCore at stock values though. I'll post up in the OC thread if I get anything monumental.

Also, once I install the copper-cored Intel HSF on the P4, temps are idling right around 32*C. Not too bad. Under load it's around 50*C I think, but I haven't run an extensive test yet.

In other news: Just watched "Gamer". Thought it was an odd part for Gerard Butler to play. A little too Sci-Fi for me, but the message in the end was a good one. I'd give it a 6.6/10.

Bleh, I don't feel so good. I woke up around 5:00 PM today, so I can't sleep. I tried to go to sleep around 3:00 AM, but I started to feel sick. Kind of getting light headed and a weird stomach ache without any ache.

Anyway, I currently have about $1800 in my bank account, and I want to get a PS3. However, my parents will not let me get one. So I don't know if I should do what I did with my previous consoles and just go get one, or I should just not get one.

Wow.

Buy the damned thing already then. You're a legal adult. If you earned that money yourself, then spend it on what you please. Hell, buy some pr0n if you want. You're 18. Do what you wish! If this money wasn't earned by you, then this is a different story...

We'll know that it did if he comes back and tells us he's started playing death metal.

PS, I'm also pissed the Jets lost. I was hoping for a Rookie vs. Veteran in the Super Bowl. Would have been a fun game to watch. Much respect for the Saints though. They've never been to the SB, and I'll be rooting for them now.

Holy crap.... It's like a friggin party down here. People were doing fireworks all night because of the Saints game.

Wow.

Buy the damned thing already then. You're a legal adult. If you earned that money yourself, then spend it on what you please. Hell, buy some pr0n if you want. You're 18. Do what you wish! If this money wasn't earned by you, then this is a different story...

About ~$250 is mine, and the rest was leftover from Financial Aid.
I would've got one by now, but I am Asian, so not listening to them is kind of not respecting them, or at least in their eyes. I was raised by always asking them if I could buy something because of how we were back then financially, so it's in my nature.
Also, my dad is strict with money, he bought a blu-ray player, but we don't have any blu-ray movies because he wants to wait for them to go on sale first. I think he is only willing to pay about $15 for 1.

Saints have never been to the SuperBowl. Never. I suppose now you can see their excitement. Since Katrina, the team has been about the only "spirit" coming from that place.

Saints have never been to the SuperBowl. Never. I suppose now you can see their excitement. Since Katrina, the team has been about the only "spirit" coming from that place.

lol they showed a live shot of bourbon st. on the news about an hour after the game and it was a massive party. Almost looked like Mardi Gras. Just with black and gold.

Back
Top Bottom