Random Chit Chat

sure lol

but im guessing you just mode the power from the CCFLs input to a 3 pin fan input?

Ahh, no. I hope you aren't planning to hook the CCFLs up to a pot/knob. They need to be switched. But, your fan controller may be different from mine. My controller has 4 variable pots and 2 12v/5v switches. I have my CCFLs hooked up to the 12v/5v switches. To hook them up to the switches, my controller has binding posts for +/- leads on the back for each switch. Does yours have a 3pin PWM for the switches?

If you're gonna spend that much on a fan then don't settle for sleeve bearings. Go with something like S-Flex's, Gentle Typhoons, or if you want crazy, San Ace, Delta, or Panaflo.

i have no idea, iv just been shopping around for a fan controller, that can power atleast 5 fans, 10 watts each i guess. and have thermal read outs of atleast 2, and be a digital screen, preferably black bezel and single 5.25 sized.
due to i already have a dvd drive, and blu ray drive.

If you're gonna spend that much on a fan then don't settle for sleeve bearings. Go with something like S-Flex's, Gentle Typhoons, or if you want crazy, San Ace, Delta, or Panaflo.

never heard of half of those, and i already have one of those fans, but mines silver with a black frame.
there going to be intake fans. so they must look good.

Yeah, but if they're going to fail, why pay that much for them. Take Cabbs advice. I personally like S-Flex's.

See, I'm more of a simple guy...I don't need a screen to see temps. If I'm gaming, I just crank em all to high. If I'm OCing, I'm not in a game so I can just have RealTemp up to monitor. But, he did specify he wants that so I'll agree that the last one is my fav. However, doesn't he want a switch or two on the fan controller so that he can control his CCFLs?

I don't like digital controllers. They always either forget the setting or run at full speed while the NAND returns to function. Which is what I want to eliminate. All of my fans go at 100% for about 3 seconds on boot which is loud at 6am. D:

See, I'm more of a simple guy...I don't need a screen to see temps. If I'm gaming, I just crank em all to high. If I'm OCing, I'm not in a game so I can just have RealTemp up to monitor. But, he did specify he wants that so I'll agree that the last one is my fav. However, doesn't he want a switch or two on the fan controller so that he can control his CCFLs?

I suppose he does, but I would just find another location for a switch. It's more work than it's worth to change from a rocker to a switch on a controller. It will have the same effect and chances are, you never find a nice, simplistic controller for fans that also has a stylish implementation of switches. I only have one in mind and will post it after this next restart (I /FINALLY/ got my SSD up and running. Not to boast, but Jesus, what a thrill it is to use.)

EDIT: Here we are: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9..._6x_Fan_Controller_525_Bay.html?tl=g34c17s286

It's a nice model. Shame is, I guess they stopped making it in black. They used to.

I don't like digital controllers. They always either forget the setting or run at full speed while the NAND returns to function. Which is what I want to eliminate. All of my fans go at 100% for about 3 seconds on boot which is loud at 6am. D:

Same here. It's why I got my Zalman. Cheap and effective. You can't beat that.

Correction to myself: I don't like digital controllers except for the one on my PC4-RP980. It has perfect memory for all settings and has a very simple design and display. But like all, while the settings return from NAND to function, the fans run at 100%...

Back
Top Bottom