Random Chit Chat

dude_56013 said:
Does anyone know if there's a mounting kit available for AM3 sockets (PII X4) for the Xigmatek S1283? All the ones I find are for intel platforms only. Will this even work with AM3? I feel stupid right now...haha. By looking at the Xiggy's page, looks like it's only AM2, not AM2+ or AM3. Bahhhh. That sucks. I was gunna get two and save $20. Poo. Guess I'm back to this for my friend's build.

AM2 is physically identical to AM2+ and AM3. you can use the same mounts.

AM2 is physically identical to AM2+ and AM3. you can use the same mounts.

Hmm. I'm pretty AMD stupid, so....

But, at any rate, I still couldn't find a bracket kit for AMD... (I wouldn't want to mount a Xiggy without one. However, I'm not even sure if it'd fit in the case I'm getting).

Wait. Do you need a mounting kid for it if it's AMD? Isn't there some kind of bracket on the MB itself?

Okay. Checked around. Looks like you don't need a bolt-thru kit since the MB has one already. A 'duh' on my part.

However, don't you have to mount the fan horizontal on AMD systems? ...leading to premature fan failure?

Meh. Looks as if that ^ is the case. I'm just gunna revert back to my Freezer 7 Pro plan, which is what I choose initially. I don't feel like risking premature fan failure in a build that's not mine, nor do I feel like messing with covering up the RAM slots.

Hmm. I'm pretty AMD stupid, so....

But, at any rate, I still couldn't find a bracket kit for AMD... (I wouldn't want to mount a Xiggy without one. However, I'm not even sure if it'd fit in the case I'm getting).

Wait. Do you need a mounting kid for it if it's AMD? Isn't there some kind of bracket on the MB itself?

Okay. Checked around. Looks like you don't need a bolt-thru kit since the MB has one already. A 'duh' on my part.

However, don't you have to mount the fan horizontal on AMD systems? ...leading to premature fan failure?

Meh. Looks as if that ^ is the case. I'm just gunna revert back to my Freezer 7 Pro plan, which is what I choose initially. I don't feel like risking premature fan failure in a build that's not mine, nor do I feel like messing with covering up the RAM slots.

Im assuming so,mine is mounted Horizontally.

I just realized that no matter what I get that's ~$30, it's going to mount horizontally anyways. I feel like Triv.Nate right now...Mr. Indecisive. I think I'll just get the Xiggy then. It'll come out cheaper in the long run.

lol no I'm not giving up, I'm just kinda stuck at this point. I'm gonna try my friend's SLI board because it'll reserve the ATI card when an nvidia one is in the first socket.

I was already looking for the upgrade so I can do eyefinity.

That was kind of what I was getting at. It's not "bricked" as bricked implies no return. Though next time, why not just do a pencil mod?

Back
Top Bottom