Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #5961
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Random Chit Chat

I have one of their 32" Trinitrons or whatever that silver box is called. Had to move that puppy up on top of my chest of drawers. They do make heavy televisions. Maybe weight is proportional to price and quality?

On another note, Vampist, I have a mug like that. It's a benefit and a pain in my hind-quarters. You can't put it in the dishwasher, and you risk breaking it by hand washing. I can't win with it. It's a benefit but isn't worth the time to clean it. It works well for anyone interested.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #5962
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantofhell View Post
I have one of their 32" Trinitrons or whatever that silver box is called. Had to move that puppy up on top of my chest of drawers. They do make heavy televisions. Maybe weight is proportional to price and quality?

On another note, Vampist, I have a mug like that. It's a benefit and a pain in my hind-quarters. You can't put it in the dishwasher, and you risk breaking it by hand washing. I can't win with it. It's a benefit but isn't worth the time to clean it. It works well for anyone interested.
Well then isn't the solution obvious? Just don't wash it. lol

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #5963
Daemon Poster

Anybody play Minecraft?

Toshiba Satellite | Core2Duo @ 2.0 ghz | 3gb ram | 250 gb hd | lolintelgma | Ubuntu 10.04
dudelewis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:25 AM   #5964
Fully Optimized

I thought I would put this up again in case someone that has an opinion can give it if they didn't see this

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
I'm doing my own taxes this year (AKA personal + small business). I'd like to pick up a program. Does anyone here do their own taxes that can point me in the right direction? Obviously it's between TurboTax and TaxCut...I'd need the small bus. version. Also, I'm not e-filing. That's just asking for an audit. I mean, I'd rather have someone have to suffer reading the printouts...duh.
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:09 PM   #5965
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantofhell View Post
I know in the past, Sony has always been one of the undisputed leaders in the television market. Most of my friends and neighbors who own Sony televisions are extremely loyal to the brand, myself included. I've had generations of Sony Trinitron televisions, and all of them have been extremely reliable during their lifespans. Along with their reliability, they're also widely known for being extremely heavy and slightly more expensive than the competition. It's definitely a trade off I'm willing to deal with for a quality set.

As for the present time, I know Sony has lost some of their edge over the competition when it comes to their new BRAVIA line. There's much more fierce competition in the market, and competitors have easily overtaken some of Sony's lineup. Still, some of the high end BRAVIA XBR televisions still carry the tradition of excellent picture quality seen in Sony's discontinued Trinitron/WEGA series. I personally bought one of their more middle-of-the-line sets. I don't really watch television besides news, and the older Sony was too heavy for the new cabinet I bought for the living room.

I have another 24" set that sits in another guest room that I bought around 2005. It's been in storage while we refurnish everything, but it still works beautifully.

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:59 PM   #5966
Fully Optimized

Hey guys, my family wants to mount our 50" Samsung Plasma on the wall. I'm wondering if ALL I need is the actual wall mount, or is there other crap I need to get too? If so, I've narrowed it down to these two:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-036-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-109-_-Product

Advice?
Old 12-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #5967
Golden Master

Is there any reason as to why you are doing this? Is the television not positioned directly at eye level?

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #5968
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
Is there any reason as to why you are doing this? Is the television not positioned directly at eye level?
We have a small house. We need to wall mount it in a different room to rearrange. There's only one way that the TV can sit right now...my mom's pulling her hair out cuz she can't rearrange. Women. ...just let them win.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #5969
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
We have a small house. We need to wall mount it in a different room to rearrange. There's only one way that the TV can sit right now...my mom's pulling her hair out cuz she can't rearrange. Women. ...just let them win.
You will learn quickly, that women that you are in a relationship with are ALWAYS right. Or in this example, your mother.

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #5970
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
You will learn quickly, that women that you are in a relationship with are ALWAYS right. Or in this example, your mother.
There are two theories of how to argue with a woman.

Neither work.