Random Chit Chat

That's retarded. Why in the hell would they HOLD BACK a product that (if they wanted to) could be released. I don't give a rat's astronaut if it won't beat the new ATi cards. Some of us are starving for DX11 on the Nvidia side here.

Actually...Quite frankly, I could give a damn less the new stuff uses a 9 series GPU. I just want DX11, The new SM, latest OpenGL enhancements, 40nm arch, and GDDR5 (Even GDDR4 would do alright)

That's retarded. Why in the hell would they HOLD BACK a product that (if they wanted to) could be released. I don't give a rat's astronaut if it won't beat the new ATi cards. Some of us are starving for DX11 on the Nvidia side here.

Actually...Quite frankly, I could give a damn less the new stuff uses a 9 series GPU. I just want DX11, The new SM, latest OpenGL enhancements, 40nm arch, and GDDR5 (Even GDDR4 would do alright)

Well, it was just announced that they canceled a couple graphics projects to focus more on the GT300 series, and its mostly speculation that that is why, but I believe so. They are trying to beat ATI at the cost/performance bit I think, which is kind of stupid on their part, because AMD intentionally overpriced their cards at release so they can cut the prices way back if necessary.

Think about it, if nvidia released the new series and the ATI cards mopped the floor with it, they'd just lose more customers.

One more thing I've noticed is that their current series hasnt dropped in price at all since the 5000's dropped. what's up with that? the 4890 already destroyed the core 216, so nvidia if anything RAISES the prices when ATI releases even better cards...

Just wondering, why are you so focused on having an nvidia card? If nvidia was able to beat ATI at cost/performance, and had the features I wanted, I wouldn't think twice about switching.

Just wondering, why are you so focused on having an nvidia card? If nvidia was able to beat ATI at cost/performance, and had the features I wanted, I wouldn't think twice about switching.

He bought an SLI motherboard and wants to be able to use SLI, so if he gets an ATI, then getting an SLI motherboard is a waste.

I hate buying things online, rockbandparts.com still haven't shipped out my Xcell drum pads, and they aren't replying back, and I still haven't got my refund from consolesource.com yet... Well, at least my faceplate is coming, should arrive in the next couple of days, that is if I don't end up getting a blizzard here. Been snowing for about 2 days now.

Exactly! Gone is the nVidia Era,Hello ATI!

I don't know, Nvidia probably has something really high end on reserve as well as ATI, so it's going to be a battle no matter what. IMO, I think nvidia is trying to make their cards cheaper because ATI's were better than they initially expected, and they don't want to be destroyed by cost/performance because that's really what ATI has going for them (as well as eyefinity now)

LOL I'm playing Quake and listening to Iron Maiden- The two mix very well.

He bought an SLI motherboard and wants to be able to use SLI, so if he gets an ATI, then getting an SLI motherboard is a waste.

^ This. I wanted to try another Nforce chipset because of how well the last one performed. And let me say, this board has proven not to disappoint in the overclocking region.

It also happens to feature Tri-SLI which wasn't an intentional purchase, but a nice added bonus. My main goal is to purchase a 295 when I have enough money to spare for it. Since the card is a hardware SLI card, I need a chipset to support SLI. But plans are changing (as they always do) and it seems the price is actually RAISING on the 295 and higher end cards. So, I'll buy a 216 to hold me over until the GT300 comes out. And we'll go from there. I didn't want to make a 560-570 dollar purchase on outdated hardware. After seeing the incredible difference for DX11, I decided I needed it to be on my next card.

I am planning to upgrade my system to 4 gb ram but have a dilemma

As stated in the intel website quoted it says

Quote:
System Memory Features
The board has two DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:

* 1.8 V (only) DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
* Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
* 4 GB maximum total system memory
* Minimum total system memory: 128 MB
* Non-ECC DIMMs
* Serial Presence Detect
* DDR2 667 or DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM DIMMs
As that states, you can have 4GB maximum.

What I do not know is will 800mhz memory work. I also looked at the tested ram types page and it didn't list any 800mhz ram. So the question now is should I take a chance and get this 800mhz ram

Buy the Kingston PC6400 800MHz 4GB DDR2 Desktop Memory at TigerDirect.ca

or spend a little more and play it safe and get the 667mhz ram

Buy the Wintec AMPO 4096MB PC5400 Memory at TigerDirect.ca

800mhz will work, except that the motherboard will not run the ram at 800mhz. It will run the max it can, which in your case, it will be bottlenecked down to 667mhz.

cool i was just a little paranoid since on the tested ram page for my board (intel d946gzis) it doesn't list any 800mhz ram as being tested.

Well I think I am going to go ahead and get the 800mhz
thanks +1

BTW is kingston a decent brand for ram?

Back
Top Bottom