Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #5291
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by j03 View Post
OK, I'm not being funny now and it's obviously your choice... But IMO, that's really silly.

If you took the same attitude towards flying, then you wouldn't ever go on an airplane for fear of it crashing (I typed this, and then looked at your name... bad example).

If you took the same attitude towards walking on the pavement, then you'd never walk by the road, for fear of being hit by a car.

You need to draw the line somewhere, or you'll live a sheltered existence, which isn't really worth living.
+1.

In other news,

I'm looking for a good set of earbuds (really, anything is better than the 3 dollar pieces of junk I have now--don't use them too much) because I just got an LG enV Touch, and am going to grab a 16GB microSDHC card for it so I can put some of my music on it. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know that people tend to think Scullcandy is the norm, but from the two I found on Newegg, this Sony pair has a better bass response than these this Scullcandy pair. I'd like to keep it under $35 or so.

Also, off hand, does anyone know if I'll see a difference with my enV Touch if I go with a class-6 speed microSDHC card vs. a class-2 speed?

dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #5292
Golden Master

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX3.../dp/B000E6G9RI

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #5293
Fully Optimized

Thanks J! Those look pretty darn good. Any personal experience with them or did they just stand out to you? (I love Senn. btw...they make quality stuff from what I've used from them).
Old 11-08-2009, 05:25 PM   #5294
Golden Master

I bought them for a friend. They seemed fine, despite the different wire lengths. That's a huge pet peeve of mine. The wire should be equidistant from the headphone port. That isn't the case here.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:25 PM   #5295
Fully Optimized

Glad to see you back, J. Thought we lost you there for a while.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #5296
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantofhell View Post
Glad to see you back, J. Thought we lost you there for a while.
What? No love for me!? Haha. Just kidding.

Thanks, though, J. I know that you know your audio stuff, and I couldn't find anything better than what I posted, so I think I'll probably grab those. Read a few more reviews on them on the 'net and they seem like a good bang for my buck...and I'm a cheapskate so, that's good. :-D
Old 11-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #5297
Golden Master

I'm not really into headphones. There might be better alternatives out there. I'd check with some other audio forums.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:47 PM   #5298
Golden Master

Quote:
OK, I'm not being funny now and it's obviously your choice... But IMO, that's really silly.

If you took the same attitude towards flying, then you wouldn't ever go on an airplane for fear of it crashing (I typed this, and then looked at your name... bad example).

If you took the same attitude towards walking on the pavement, then you'd never walk by the road, for fear of being hit by a car.

You need to draw the line somewhere, or you'll live a sheltered existence, which isn't really worth living.
ROFL

I got the vaccine. I'm still alive, well as of now anyway. One week today. No dystonia. I still lack the ability to do physics though.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:28 PM   #5299
Daemon Poster

Quote:

Haha the name thing, it's just a funny story. I want to get a pilot's license so the name is contradictory. But like swine flu, yes it's a fact, is killing people. BUT so does an ordinary flu. Since the swine flu is not a death toll. By death toll I mean as soon as you get it, make a bucket list and die. You have a large chance of surviving, and this isn't the only story I have heard about negative effects of the vaccine. So because of these two reasons I feel the flu shot is just an unnecessary risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~NeonFire~ View Post
ROFL

I got the vaccine. I'm still alive, well as of now anyway. One week today. No dystonia. I still lack the ability to do physics though.
My dad got swine flu, went to work a week later. (He coulda gone back in three days but doctor's note)
4 gigs DDR2 1066 RAM... 640 gig hard drive
Gigabyte Ud4P-MA790x
Whyfly?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #5300
Site Team

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~NeonFire~ View Post
ROFL

same, I got both. One in each arm, I'm still alive too.

Just man up and get it. Your chances of getting Dystonia with the shot are much less then your chance of getting swine without the shot.

Eat your spinach, and quit thinking you are smarter then the doctors. You aren't.