Random Chit Chat

There's a HUGE Difference between NASCAR And V8 Supercars,V8 Supercars are touring cars designed for intricate tracks and what not but with a nice amount of power,there not designed for oval races.
No, a V8 supercar is a supercar with a V8. I consider Mike Murillo's Mustang a V8 super car. Considering a 5.0L V8 Miata can keep up with a Ferrari on a track, how special is the Ferrari though? Would that Miata then be considered a V8 supercar. There really isn't a true definition.
I'm not a big fan of the 200k+ super cars. I could build a car that could beat Ferraris in every test for $50k easy.
Some people say drag racing takes no skill either. Well, drive skill, it doesn't take much. A drag racers builds their own car though. There isn't a single car on the market that comes stock that is even decent for drag racing.

sorry, ranting on my opinions about racing a bit there, haha.

Forza Motorsport 3 is really addicting. I am still wondering if we can race globally. I will be getting Xbox Live Gold soon, and might be fun racing you neo.

Well, I am finally back online after setting up RAID 0 on some WD's I had. 3x80Gb WD SATAII's. Impressive speed, I must say. Though I don't want the hassle of reinstalling all my games and stuff like that. So I just set it up, did some basic benches, and then deleted the array. I have a nice hardware based controller but I think the interface is PCI64 :| Anyways just figured I put it out there that RAID is definitely a good way to go in terms of performance.

Thanks for the advice Grant! In other news, I will be submitting my application to MIT this weekend. I think I've done all that I could. If they don't accept me, you can't say I didn't try. I gained slight confidence after receiving the scores from my SAT Subject Tests:

(out of 800)
Math 2: 790
Physics: 750
Chemistry: 730

I should be hearing back from them by mid-December. During my interview, I was warned that I will most likely get deferred, so I'm not expecting much. I applied to Kansas State and should be accepted with scholarships. I should also be hearing back from Georgia Tech on November 20th. As of now, my goal is to finish my scholarship essay for the University of Kansas and submit it ASAP. Following that, I will only have the application for Michigan and for Stanford to fill out. I'm debating whether or not I should also apply to Purdue and Rice. I might drop Stanford out of my list.

Back
Top Bottom