Random Chit Chat

WTF i need to find a second job that pays like $200 a week so that between both my jobs i bring in like $400 ish a week i need to get my own apartment because my dad said that i have until june to save up money for my own apartment or ill be charged $500 a month for rent at home

Bleh...
Gotta type up an outline for my group speech tomorrow that should last 8 minutes, but I think I can only do 5 minutes... I hate group speeches, I always get stressed that I think I will disappoint my group.
Then I gotta do an 4-6 page about Nature Nurture due on Wednesday that's worth 10 percent of my grade, I had 3 weeks to do it, but me being an procrastinator is making me do it the last minute... Looks like I will be pulling almost an all nighter for the next 2 days to get them done, and I got no one to blame but myself.
On the bright side, Forza 3 comes out in 2 weeks, and there are a couple interesting games coming out next week that I might pick up.

Ugh.

So im currently running on an ubuntu live disc (9.10 Beta) using the gparted on here to shrink/resize my partitions to copy my backups over. It's been running for 2 hours and it still isnt completed...

Though i must say,ubuntu 9.10 is SO Bloody fast! All my devices are working fine and my wireless card works great with the ndiswrapper GUI Tool! As im slowly moving over the console gaming,im considering this as my main OS!

Ugh! my hard drive just did that freeze and restart thing twice over the night. It already has the latest firmware but still has problems. I am going to contact seagate today to see what they can do but one thing I am not sure of is
If you RMA a hard drive to the company will they back up your files and put them on the new drive before they ship it?
I don't really have another 1.5tb drive to back my files up :(

Ugh! my hard drive just did that freeze and restart thing twice over the night. It already has the latest firmware but still has problems. I am going to contact seagate today to see what they can do but one thing I am not sure of is
If you RMA a hard drive to the company will they back up your files and put them on the new drive before they ship it?
I don't really have another 1.5tb drive to back my files up :(

They say they aren't responsible for it. But normally, if you ask real nice, and it isn't too much trouble for them, they'll back it up.

Here's the response I got back from seagate

"Thank you for contacting Seagate.

If the drive has failed, here is a web link where you can replace the drive provided the drive is still under warranty:

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/warranty_&_returns_assistance/

Please log on as a guest user from here if you are not already a registered user.

Here is a web link for data recovery on the drive if recovering the data is most important:

http://services.seagate.com/index.aspx?lng=en-us

Data recovery costs are not included in the warranty on the drive.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know."

So it looks like i would have to pay extra. That sucks, unless I can manage to find enough space combined on the other computers in my house

I have about 450GB of files on the drive

I already have all my music saved on my laptop which is 15gb
I have a 200GB external drive, 200GB in the computer in the kennel but no sata port to hook this drive up. My sisters bf has 1tb but I don't know how much is available.

So I have some options but man is this ever going to be a pain in the a**.
I don't think I ever want to deal with another seagate product again.

hey guys, I need to put a cd image on a DVD. Nero keeps telling me I need to use a CD, but I know it should work with a DVD. How can I make it do it?

P.S. I'm out of CDs and have a miillion DVDs that'll probably go unused otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom