Random Chit Chat

I am getting sick of the way my family is with their computers. My sister leaves her laptop on 24 7 and is too stubborn to listen when i say turn it off at night laptops arent meant to be left on all the time. Well now her wireless card is broken and isnt being detected by the computer at all. Then she comes to me telling me to fix it. She tells me that she does shut the computer off every night but when I look at the task manager the up time says it has been going for 15 days. She actually has the nerve now to say why didnt i pick out a good laptop for her and that I am terrible at fixing computers.[/RANT]

What are you buying?

AMD Athlon X2 240 - £44
2GB Kingston DDR2 RAM - £22
Asrock K10N78M (Purchased)
Casecom Black Midi Tower Case Incl. PSU (Purchased, I dont expect the PSU to last TOO long though)

I have a 160GB Hard Drive which I can use for now, but I'll be getting a Samsung F3 1TB when I can afford it.

Ah school internet, going 200kbps - 1mbps. Goes a lot faster than my house, so I get more stuff done.

AMD Athlon X2 240 - £44
2GB Kingston DDR2 RAM - £22
Asrock K10N78M (Purchased)
Casecom Black Midi Tower Case Incl. PSU (Purchased, I dont expect the PSU to last TOO long though)

I have a 160GB Hard Drive which I can use for now, but I'll be getting a Samsung F3 1TB when I can afford it.

I never understood the purpose of a "server" within a household. Let alone a single user.

What do you mean? There are 3-4 PC's in my house, and they want a way to centralize their photo storage. I would also like to have some experience at running a domain controller, and using Active Directory.

Half of the project is for experiences sake, the other half for usefullness-ness-nesses sake ;)

I am getting sick of the way my family is with their computers. My sister leaves her laptop on 24 7 and is too stubborn to listen when i say turn it off at night laptops arent meant to be left on all the time. Well now her wireless card is broken and isnt being detected by the computer at all. Then she comes to me telling me to fix it. She tells me that she does shut the computer off every night but when I look at the task manager the up time says it has been going for 15 days. She actually has the nerve now to say why didnt i pick out a good laptop for her and that I am terrible at fixing computers.[/RANT]

sorry to hear this

but hey, those kinda people are the ones that make us money! lol
but ya, i hate when people dont do what there suppost to do when they are to lazy to deal with a 45s start up time, then come bitching why it broke

Welcome to the world of knowing what you are doing. Because many people refuse to accept responsibility for what they've done, and make it someone else's fault.

I've got the same problem too...... I suppose this is why all the computer illiterate people always flock to MACs and rave about them because the OS allows them to be stupid.

I've got the same problem too...... I suppose this is why all the computer illiterate people always flock to MACs and rave about them because the OS allows them to be stupid.

Not really. It's not their fault they feel one operating system is more intuitive than the other. It's a different story for everyone.

I've had computer illiterate people prefer Windows over Mac OS, for what it's worth.

Not really. It's not their fault they feel one operating system is more intuitive than the other. It's a different story for everyone.

I've had computer illiterate people prefer Windows over Mac OS, for what it's worth.

I'm not saying that Mac's aren't great (I would own one if I could afford it), but IMO part of it was placebo... if everyone SAYS that Mac's are easy to use and great to design with, then when someone purchases one, they have already half decided that it's going to be an awesome product which is easy to use, even if they havnt even turned the machine on.

Back
Top Bottom