Random Chit Chat

Yea, it is. But I've heard of people with the 5.4L getting like 18 or 19 highway....
Usually around 16mpg highway. My grandpas 06 got 16mpg on a trip from Northern Illinois to Yellowstone. Driving 70-80mph whole way.

But the OHV engines suck a lot more gas then the new SOHC and DOHC modular engines. A 5.0L or 5.8L F-150 of the 70s-90s gets around 12-15mpg

My parents tole me I can get one. So I guess I will be getting one soon.
Kinda weird how I am 19, and yet I have to ask my parent's permission before purchasing something over $100.
Move out and get your own place. Then you wont need to have your parents permission.

Eh... It's nice living at home during college. Free food, shelter, insurance, and I get to save some money for when I do move out. If I wasn't living with them I am pretty sure I would be broke. Yeah I get what I want, but what good is it without a place to live?

Usually around 16mpg highway. My grandpas 06 got 16mpg on a trip from Northern Illinois to Yellowstone. Driving 70-80mph whole way.

But the OHV engines suck a lot more gas then the new SOHC and DOHC modular engines. A 5.0L or 5.8L F-150 of the 70s-90s gets around 12-15mpg

yea, welcome to old school tech.

Have you heard about the Bobcat? If it is as good as they think it will be it will blow the ecoboost out of the water.

That is really genious... compression = power. And with ethanol, you can run a very high compression engine...

But burn fuel (ethanol) very quickly :O

I didn't read the article as I'm about to go to work, but that's what I'd make of a vehicle that runs on ethanol which practically evaporates without any heat input.

Have you ever seen Race gas? If you poor some on the ground, it will evaporate in minutes. Great for high compression cars.
A 363(stroked 302) with good high flowing heads will make probably 400ish hp at about 10:1 compression ratio. Now, bump that to 12.5:1 compression ratio with some different pistions, and we are talking upward of 650hp. And no loss in economy, just more power.
Compression is the key to power.

Back
Top Bottom