Random Chit Chat

All these changes rely on David and solely him. The best we can do is gather as many members (who want the change) as possible and show David that this is the best thing for the forums. I mean..it's his forum and he can leave it the way he likes it. But since he isn't on 24/7, I don't think it would really make a difference if we have more sections or not. He has mods whose jobs are to keep things under control.

And how should this be handled. In the last thread (that I got banned in, mind you) half of the people say PM David and not make a suggestion thread. The other half are the opposite. I mean...c'mon. Are we going to flood David's PM box with suggestions every time we have one? That's why there is a suggestions subforum...to see if there is support from other members. Every time, however, there is a suggestion thread that gets a lot of traffic, half the time it turns into a damn yelling match because people can't be respectful with their opinions or their excuses are "this has been tried xx times before..yada yada.." which is just stupid IMHO...I mean, everything can't be tried only once...

However, I think things don't get changed because there are members who don't want to change it. This causes a divide in the forum and because of that David doesn't change things.

This is what I'm talking about. I feel (and it's perfectly understandable) that the older members/mods have a bigger "sway" in David's decisions.

@Lowndsey: We say these things here because if we get David to consider the changes, he will ask members to make sure everyone agrees. I mean...he is a considerate guy...he wouldn't just do whatever the hell he wanted without at least warning others. And, if we can't get members to agree with this, David won't change things. Ideally, these ideas need to simultaneously appeal to David and the fellow members.
I understand that but people also need to realize that there will be times when a majority wants something that he doesn't then he is within his rights to not change...it is his forum after all.

When there's a good idea or suggestion, we'll be in favor of it.

00000198.png

If it's pathetically stupid, well...

Some people's idea of change means having every single idea and suggestion that they come up with implemented the very second they announce it.

If this is pointed at me, I sincerely hope it isn't. I've never had this mindset. I simply want the fairness to let every member that wants to, evaluate the change/idea/suggestion without disrespect from other members...which is why I flipped out in my suggestions thread...and I explained that...and still got banned.

I understand that but people also need to realize that there will be times when a majority wants something that he doesn't then he is within his rights to not change...it is his forum after all.

Exactly. But let HIM tell us that one way or another. People that go around and say "Well, David probably won't go for it..." or "David doesn't want that" is stupid.

I agree. I think a lot of these complications really arise from lack of communication. David doesn't flat out say whether he wants a change or not. And a lot of the times there are divisions between the members. It's very hard to get something through. However, I have a strong feeling that we need to gear this forum towards computer harware and software quite a bit more. I don't know David's position on creating new forums that are more specialized and putting them in the front page. I wish he'd state it clear to all members so we can go about discussions more effectively. However, if he doesn't do such things, I don't see why we can't go ahead and get things ironed out and then go to him.

I think a lot of these complications really arise from lack of communication. David doesn't flat out say whether he wants a change or not.

I couldn't agree with that more. And there are threads in the mod lounge asking him if he can go in to a certain thread and just give a yes or no. Unfortuntely the mods take all the flack for it.

Back
Top Bottom