Random Chit Chat

Then go ahead and single them out. I'm pretty sure the staff is sick of having their name dragged in mud just because of a few select individuals.

Well, let's see. AR, I felt--and apparently so did A True Folder who called him out in the thread--was pushing his opinion too far and I felt like he was trying to make some "XX number of users must vote to make this poll even count" rule.

And, since I figured out who deleted my thread (which I don't care what reason was given; there's so many OTHER threads that could be deleted as well, if you are going to play it out that way), Lowdsey.

So, there, are we all happy? I'm not slandering anyone's names. These are my feelings as of late.

What the hell is with all the trash-talk lately? He didn't "abuse" any power. modCP by vB allows unlimited avatars.

Even if it was "abuse" in yours or anyone else's book. Why do we have to re-hash it EVERY DAMN DAY? We all do dumb stuff and who are you to judge on it. I'm not perfect, you're not perfect, he's not perfect, etc.. but that's no reason to basically say "what a screw-up Thelis is/was". It's even more ridiculous that he was driven away from the forums over an avatar and "4chan shit". Practically half of our active members jumped in and read him the riot act over the avatar and then acted like dicks to him afterwords.

I'm not judging Thelis. In fact, I quite like Thelis and I wish he didn't leave us. I'm just using that happening as an example. I didn't say one bad thing about Thelis while all of that was going down, since David was addressing it. I did, however, voice my opinion that we needed bigger avatars as a standard, and that the mods (WHO ARE APPARENTLY PEERS AND NOT ANY BETTER THAN THE REST OF US) would need ot be held to that standard, too.

So, there, are we all happy? I'm not slandering anyone's names. These are my feelings as of late.
Nah, you didn't slander us by name. You just called us "retarded" and "power hungry" as a group. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Thelis left? Did I miss something or is dude misreading again?

He did. I'm fairly sure I would have gotten quite sick of losing any and all respect towards me over something petty - which I feel should have been left in the mod's lounge.

Nah, you didn't slander us by name. You just called us "retarded" and "power hungry" as a group. :rolleyes:

For starters, please replace those quotes with the correct surrounding text; better yet, replace them with things I actually said.

God you have to be kidding me. They closed my thread in the social lounge. How frickin retarded. (You know, as in "their actions were retarded", not "wow all of these mods are retarded"). It wasn't swaying the voting one way or another, it was to get people to realize these polls were here. Some one "let's close as many threads as possible" happy today. For God's sake...give me a break. Even the person who replied said he wouldn't have known these were here!

Which I apparently needed to clarify here as well:

Well, it's just going to slip to the bottom. You know? There'll be no way to bump it tomorrow...then it'd just end up getting created again, then people really wouldn't like that. And I more or less called the actions of that mod retarded. I know none of you actually are :p. It's all good. It just frustrated me.

Thanks.

Most all good suggestions are taken seriously. It really depends on how much interest it generates and if David approves.

Is this implying that Joga's suggestions/polls (backed by numerous members) weren't good suggestions? Do you single-handedly decide what is and isn't a "good" suggestion? (This would be what I was referring to then when I was talking about how mods seem to force their opinion as the "right" one or the "norm".)

Or, perhaps I'm misinterpreting your post like you have misinterpreted most of mine?

Mate, you really need to get it through your head that David is the only one who can re-arrange the forums and add new forums and delete old forums, the mods cannot do this, if David wants to change things around and you can convince him to do it, go for it.
The things a mod can do are fairly limited.
Have you thought about sending him a PM about changes you guys want? There has been no mention of it at all from David in the mods lounge, so maybe he hasn't even read the threads, so a PM might be the way to go.
I for one am getting a tad sick of your attack on the mods, I don't know who deleted your thread or why.
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the suggestions thread?
The suggestions thread is to get others opinions before you PM David, or to get support before you PM him. And also to make sure your idea isn't an epic fail

Hey, I guess Cabbs and Jakey had it figured out.

I was the first person to vote no. Reason? I hate going through multiple sub-forums. I can't stand looking through all the different sub-sections. I'd rather look through a long list than through all the different sections for spam and such.

I give celegorm an A++ for not being a douche or trying to imply anything or trying to be sarcastic when stating his opinion. Thank you celegorm, if you read this.

Umm. . .

Been here, done that: Rep
Yeah...that thread obviously got nothing done (if you will refer to page 3). A poll is usually better for stuff like this and gets stuff done...

So, AR, does that mean that every suggestion should only be suggested once? I mean, if that were true for everything, people wouldn't run for president twice, or governor, or representative. That's just plain stupid. And Joga was/is right, that thread really didn't go anywhere, and with the addition of a poll in his thread, it actually got results.

Thelis left? Did I miss something or is dude misreading again?

Yes. I just repeatedly pull things out of my ass for no reason.

I hope all of you realize that I could care less if the votes were opposite on these threads...if it were strongly no, I wouldn't care, because obviously the members wouldn't want the changes. I'm getting so upset because (and don't give me any BS about how life isn't "fair") the way they have been handled and looked upon by *some* high-ups has been very unjust, IMHO. (<-You are entitled to your own).

Back
Top Bottom