Random Chit Chat

My girlfriend's dog is in the emergency room right now because he has internal bleeding. It's possibly cancerous, but they don't know yet. Worst part is that it's her birthday today. It sucks that I'm stuck at work and the only thing I can do is tell you guys about it.

Sorry to hear about that Cabbs. Best of luck to your girlfriend's dog.

Got all my audio equipment in today. Everything seems to be working, of course, there's still that goddamn hum I'm trying to get rid of. :mad:

I'll try to get some pictures up for those who are interested.

Are all the cables shielded? I had one cable that picked up radio!

Also, does s-video output+s-video to rca adapter=tv as monitor?

Are all the cables shielded? I had one cable that picked up radio!

No, I know what the problem is. I bought a box to help soften it, which it did. It's coming from the VCR/DVD player, which is hooked up directly to my cable box. I'm mixing unbalanced/balanced connections together, so it's still picking up that minor hum. I'm not really bothered to fix it anymore, to be honest. I'll just say it gives it character.

Also, does s-video output+s-video to rca adapter=tv as monitor?
You mean a S-Video -> composite adapter? Should work, but you're not going to be able to read anything.

Originally Posted by 01001010
I'll try to get some pictures up for those who are interested.

Yes, please. :D

x2

My girlfriend's dog is in the emergency room right now because he has internal bleeding. It's possibly cancerous, but they don't know yet. Worst part is that it's her birthday today. It sucks that I'm stuck at work and the only thing I can do is tell you guys about it.

I Hope Her Dog Will Be Ok :(

Feel pretty satisfied at this point. I'll be honest when I say I really pulled my hair out for this one. It originally started out as a small stereo for the home office, before I became obsessed with finishing it. I wouldn't know what to do if I were setting this up in my living room as a surround sound system. Definitely not heading towards that route for a while.

00000113.png

00000115.png

00000116.png

00000117.png

No, I know what the problem is. I bought a box to help soften it, which it did. It's coming from the VCR/DVD player, which is hooked up directly to my cable box. I'm mixing unbalanced/balanced connections together, so it's still picking up that minor hum. I'm not really bothered to fix it anymore, to be honest. I'll just say it gives it character.

You mean a S-Video -> composite adapter? Should work, but you're not going to be able to read anything.

Aww would it be any better without the adapter? Because my tv might have an s-video on the back and my dvd player has an s-video in but its running to the tv with component.

Excuse me does that say "not in use"?!

Yeah, it's only a 2.1 system. Not sure how to fit that in. It's probably the most expensive paper weight I've ever bought. :D

Aww would it be any better without the adapter? Because my tv might have an s-video on the back and my dvd player has an s-video in but its running to the tv with component.

Component connections are better than S-Video. If you're going to connect your television using S-Video or composite connections, you're going to see a very basic picture. It's not bad by any means. You'll just have a hard time reading small text on your television.

Back
Top Bottom