Random Chit Chat

I never said I was dismissing them. I simply said it was not what I was looking for for my needs.

In fact I own an Olympus point nd shoot because it is super compact, and its pictures aren't bad. However I think I only bought it because it was $23. Still, its pictures arent bad, just nowhere near the quality of my SLR.

I still have a few old film SLR's. All of them 100% manual.
They are very good for projects, and for very professional black and white 8x10's. I develop and print them myself, but I hven't done this in a while lately, as the chemicals are becoming more and more difficult to come by.

Damn, 01001010. If he likes DSLR more, let him. If you like point and shoot more, then ok. I can't believe how many arguments go on here about the little things.

What about those old SLR cameras that uses films? Or are they outdated now?
They still produce the best results, but with the advent of DSLR cameras and their large storage capacities, it's it more cost effective and convenient to rip off hundreds of shots, then just delete the ones you don't like.

They still produce the best results, but with the advent of DSLR cameras and their large storage capacities, it's it more cost effective and convenient to rip off hundreds of shots, then just delete the ones you don't like.

haha... my favorite is at the swim meets all the photographers take like 500 photos at the start of each race, just just hold the button and it takes like 50 in a second.

My dad still uses an SLR camera, he kinda wants to get an DSLR camera because his brother in HK has like 5, and told him that an DSLR is really good and should get one since he likes taking pictures.

My dad still uses an SLR camera, he kinda wants to get an DSLR camera because his brother in HK has like 5, and told him that an DSLR is really good and should get one since he likes taking pictures.

Yeah It's worth it. It will make you look at pictures in a whole new way.
I thought point-and-shoot had excellent picture, but since I got this one, I think it is goo, but not the greatest. There are lots of flaws in the point-and shoot that you don't even notice until you get a good SLR. Just be sure to get one with manual focus if you are like me.

I have the Olympus Evolt 410. It is an ecxellent camera and had an excellent price.
I think they have a newer model out, which I hear is even better, and IMO it beats most lower-range (under $1000) Canons in terms of picture quality.

EDIT: O yeah, if you have more than 8 MP, you better buy the CF card, and do not skimp on that. The cheaper ones tend to be horribly slow.

Back
Top Bottom