Random Chit Chat

That doesn't sound too good Dan. Better load up on pain pills. I live with lots of pains myself and get all the help I can get.

After Sept I'm on my own unless I can find another pain clinic to take me in.

I see my doctor next week. Have to tell him that the wrist braces cause more pain than without them. And maybe get a good pain pill...maybe... I am not holding my breath!!

I'd fire that doc and get another.

Looks like I made myself $60 poorer. In my Email I got a promotion from Newegg and the Seagate 2 TB Firecuda with SSD got my attention. It was a 24 hr sale and tonight I had 4 hours left to buy it.

Sells for $90 and I'd get it for $60 with the code. I've thought long about it and WTH, I bought it.

:hide:

You hang in there, WD, buddy. I hope things turn out well for you.

Cel, regretting things you willingly wanted to do so fast? Are you gonna use it as OS or data drive? I honestly think SSHD's (hybrids) are a scam and a waste of money vs performance. I could be wrong, tho.

It's 6 Dan.

SG, I used to have the same setup with the 32g cache SSD and my Seagate Enterprise 1 TB HDD. They work quite well.

The SSD learn your PC habits and speed up the process. That's the same idea with the Firecuda. I don't really need the drive but I got one anyway.

I trust a spin drive more than an SSD with personal data. You can secure erase sensitive data on a spin drive repeatedly but to secure erase such data on the SSD shortens its life.

The trim function of the SSD spreads the wear and tear on the memory cells evenly so the old data can stay for a long time before being written over.

Back
Top Bottom