Random Chit Chat

Well, I had one issue that kept making me scratch my head for awhile. Seems that one of the reasons this thing was messing up was the video card. Something to do with drivers. I messed with it all evening and most of this afternoon. Took it out and it started working better. Then i started to get another error. For some reason this computer will only run 4 gigs of ram with the 1166mhz. Took out the 4 gigs and it started working even faster. Go figure.... Anyway as fast as it is now, the ssd should make it really get up and go! I haven't had a bsod since. It seems to be faster now than when i had the 8 gigs in it. Tell me that makes any sense?? All i know it is running really good now so i am happy with it. I have a new video card coming. Am going to check this issue with the ram and see what asus response is. So, so far.. this seems a good thing for now. I am also thinking about changing the w7 to a back up drive for w10. I need to read about this a bit. The way i understand it is that the ssd runs w 10 on it and all the programs run on a regular drive. That would give me 1 tb total. I am getting rid of the old games and looking for some newer games to play. I don't know what i want yet. later, wd66

Both were new the ram isn't bad the board will only support the 1166mhz to 4 gigs, not 8. The video card is a oldert one from my old ddr1 build! It served its purpose. Have a new one coming to replace it.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

I am still cheaper than brand new, new stuff. I was thinking about a rezen 5 for a brand new system asus board 16 gigs of 2333 ram not sure what video card. The rest i have. Anyway its going to be down the road till this thing dies.

Get the Ryzen 5 2400G and forget the video card. The APU is quite good. Make the memory 2666 instead. That's the highest without OCing it.

No, it's not a Threadripper. You don't want to spend that kind of money.

It's a CPU with Vegas 11 graphics built in. 4 core 8 thread and bitchin fast (like mine).

The Ryzen 3 2200G CPU I had was a Vegas 8 graphics and works quite well. I got rid of it because it ran hot from ripping DVDs. I ripped over 700 DVDs.

Hell it'll be good enough for you (as long as you're not ripping DVDs). It's 4 core 4 thread.

Last edited:
Ripping DVD's does that? I ripped 100's of DVD's in the old days and nothing happened to any component. Has AMD's quality deteriorated that badly? Never had such problems even with continuous punishing stress testing on at least 5-10 years old parts. Maybe cooling was bad?

All stock and only this CPU. My i5-3570 does everything without breaking a sweat.

I finished ripping DVDs with the R5-2600 CPU and it didn't even break a sweat. Both the R3-2200G and the R5-2600 use the same cooler.

I mean did you have to, and why, get rid of the Vegas 8 because it got hot from ripping DVD's?

At any rate, APU's (CPU's with GPU's in them) are really good for good quality budget uses.

Back
Top Bottom