Random Chit Chat

Nope , same BS. Motherboard is shot. I don't know about the CPU. I'll save the W10 disk for the new system.

For now, my trusty old i5 system with W7 will get me by.

Found an 8th gen i3 quad core CPU and AsRock DGS MOBO for $173. I can use my 2x8 DDR4 mems on it.

This CPU is pretty basic. No turbo boost nor HTT, just a solid 3.6 Ghz through and through.

Sounds good enough for me. :dance:

My i5 is running on an AsRock DGS mobo and it's solid.

Last edited:
From what i was told, the drivers that windows 7 uses don't work with ssd. I never tried but was told that anything as old as 7, vista, xp would not play nice on a ssd. 8.1 and 10 would. I left win 7 on the raptor drive and have 10 on the ssd. I am also adding another hd to be storage for w10.

From what i was told, the drivers that windows 7 uses don't work with ssd. I never tried but was told that anything as old as 7, vista, xp would not play nice on a ssd. 8.1 and 10 would. I left win 7 on the raptor drive and have 10 on the ssd. I am also adding another hd to be storage for w10.

There is no difference in the way the OS interacts with an SSD or HDD.

Here I am again, this time on my R5 system running Kubuntu. The OS is on the 32g cache SSD and 500g HDD for storage. I took out the 2x8 memory and put in the 4 gig module.

Why it won't work with Windows I have not a damn clue.

On OSes older than Win 7, Trim may not be compatible but the SSD will still work as long as the system supports SATA. Actually, you can even get SSDs that use the old IDE interface but they're expensive and don't perform as well as a SATA SSD.

Last edited:
I've installed Google Chrome and got my net back in. Not bad. I could get used to this. Only thing I can't do is to play my games on my PC (offline).

Nevertheless, the Kubuntu have a very nice software center. Even got an icon for it. Just got through installing 465 updates.

Back
Top Bottom