Random Chit Chat

Yep, Forgot its two channel memory. I guess 1066 will show up as 533. Just a guess.
I have one more item coming and i will have everything to do this fun!

It has nothing to do with the 2 after DDR or the fact that it's dual channel. It's because it's double data rate (DDR) memory, and it can perform two transfers per clock cycle. The actual clock speed is 400MHz, but because it's DDR, and it can transfer two signals per clock cycle and it's advertised as being twice as much. I'm not sure if the fact that it's advertised as twice as much is a lie or just a technicality, but that's the way it is.

DDR stand for Double Data Rate. The number next to it is a generation number. In other words, DDR is PC1, DDR2 is PC2 and so on.

We're on the right page there. What through me was the speed of the ram. Anyway, i have everything to finish the computer upgrade. I still have a tube of thermo paste coming and then i can have some fun. Also have a regular hard drive coming to use for the storage and that will keep the ssd cleaner.should help make it faster too,i think. Anyways i got a lot of upgrading to prepare for. Later, wd66

8GB, for an amount, is actually more than enough for non AAA gamers and non editors/programmers. The reason I went to 16GB (wanted 12GB but found a good deal) is actually to use virtual computers. I'd stick with it if I'm a regular user.

And to know the actual RAM clock speed in Windows, you can go the Memory screen in the Performance tab in Task Manager.

Back
Top Bottom