Random Chit Chat

Ok, ordered the SSD and 8gig ram to replace the 4gig ram so I'll have 2 x 8 matched. Also ordered parts for my car.

Yep, getting there slowly myself too! Celery, that is 8 gigs total or 16 gigs total? My ram and processor came in but i had to get paste for the processor so i am in a holding pattern. I also have another motherboard thats newer than my current board. Thinking about using it but will see.. i may save it for later...

16 gig total. Was 12 gig (8 & 4)

Almost got 2x8 3000 for $98 but when I got my check it jumped to $119 so I got 8 2666 for $55.

I paid $135 for the 8 I have when I built this system.

Last edited:
I wish i could get more than 8 gigs in this but i have 8 gigs of 1066mhz. Thats got to be faster and better than 800mhz. That with a quad core at 3+ghz should wake this puppy up.
I saw somewhere that there is 16 gigs posible for ddr2 but not sure what boards and processor that it would work with. The two i have will not. Maybe later. I am thinking later i will go with a FX or A10 8 core. That and 16gigs would work. We must be trying to play catch up with our computers! All this new stuff.

The money you spent could've got you a socket 1155 board with DDR3. I'll give you my i3-2105 CPU.

Thats ok, I will stick with the ones i got. I spent less than 100.00 bucks on all of it. One other thing i did find is for some reason the CPU-Z is telling me that my ram is running at 400mhz and i bought and confirmed its supposed to be 800mhz! I think i got a few bad sticks of ram...

Thats ok, I will stick with the ones i got. I spent less than 100.00 bucks on all of it. One other thing i did find is for some reason the CPU-Z is telling me that my ram is running at 400mhz and i bought and confirmed its supposed to be 800mhz! I think i got a few bad sticks of ram...
No, CPU-Z measures it in a different way. It measures the effective frequency. Your sticks are fine.

ok, Crystal disc was showing it as well, So they must show it different

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Wonder what the 1066 mhz ram will show?

Back
Top Bottom