Random Chit Chat

Damn, something's not right. Your hard drive's at 100% and your CPU's still hitting 100% a lot.

You're gonna need to wipe the drive for sure.

Dan, you have to take a look at the "Processes" tab. How are you supposed to see what's using your processor if you only look at the total?

No go, Same as before. I am wondering if the hard drive could be causing this. Can't be a bug so its hardware time. Follow me here. If it works like it should in W7, then in a perfect world the w10 side should as well. It did till this stuff started last week. W7 does work great. The two os are on separate drives. Everything being equal, it leads me to think its a hard drive. Maybe time to get a new Hard drive. And if i am going that far might as well go with a ssd. Comments??? any feedback?? other ideas???

Well, i broke down and bought a 500gb ssd hard drive. Sata3 6 gbps. Should be here in a few days. I huffed, puffed and now i'm tearing this computer apart!! Hehehehe. I hope that this is the issue. New drive with new os should fix it! I will find out soon, wd66

I don't see how a hard drive tie up the CPU but I guess that's possible due to servo board defect.

That is indeed a weird problem.

Well, heres how i think it out. In w7 the ram and cpu run pretty normal. No 100% all the time maybe for a few seconds at a time, like opening a program. It never goes 100% all the time like w10 does. It also kinda removes any issue with motherboard and psu and the video card. Other items like dvd burners don't apply here as not in use. Same for card readers. So, my thinking almost has to be a hard drive issue. Right now the only thing on that drive is the os and google chrome browser. And the cpu goes right back to 100% most of the time. If everything being equal, only thing left is hard drive. I had thought about a bigger drive and a ssd anyway so i can do that now and see if this is the issue. If it does then i am ok. If not.. i don't want to go there. If this don't do it i am at a loss as to what it could be. With nothing but os and chrome with nothing else. No other programs, it almost has to be harddrive. Thats my thinking. When i get the new drive, we will see. For the life of me i can't think of anything else that could be causing it. Will let you know when i get the drive. Wd66

Well, heres how i think it out. In w7 the ram and cpu run pretty normal. No 100% all the time maybe for a few seconds at a time, like opening a program. It never goes 100% all the time like w10 does. It also kinda removes any issue with motherboard and psu and the video card. Other items like dvd burners don't apply here as not in use. Same for card readers. So, my thinking almost has to be a hard drive issue. Right now the only thing on that drive is the os and google chrome browser. And the cpu goes right back to 100% most of the time. If everything being equal, only thing left is hard drive. I had thought about a bigger drive and a ssd anyway so i can do that now and see if this is the issue. If it does then i am ok. If not.. i don't want to go there. If this don't do it i am at a loss as to what it could be. With nothing but os and chrome with nothing else. No other programs, it almost has to be harddrive. Thats my thinking. When i get the new drive, we will see. For the life of me i can't think of anything else that could be causing it. Will let you know when i get the drive. Wd66

Several things could be causing it. Security Essentials/Defender can get hung up, as can a rouge svchost.exe. If it happens again, open up Task Manager, Processes, and have it order them by CPU usage. One you get a name of the culprit we can help resolve it (the next time).

Not unless i can come up with a way to completely wipe the drive first. I tried this one a long time ago. 10 won't let you install 7 on it. Can't overwrite it.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Its kinda like when vista came out folks who tried to go back to xp couldn't.

Back
Top Bottom