Random Chit Chat

You're not kidding. Something is hogging the CPU. That's your problem. You need to find the process that's doing it.

Try this, reboot to safe mode and run the Task Manager again.

By the way, look at the process in Task Manager and see what it is before you do a reboot. It may be there.

If not it may be a virus/worm.

Last edited:
Yeah, i thought about a worm/virus too. Something is kicking the cpu for sure. I've run all the scans to see what would show up. They don't show nothing but some cookies and i remove them. No change. I will keep kicking it...maybe i will shake the bug out...

Yeah, i thought about a worm/virus too. Something is kicking the cpu for sure. I've run all the scans to see what would show up. They don't show nothing but some cookies and i remove them. No change. I will keep kicking it...maybe i will shake the bug out...
What scans have you run?

We definitely need to see the Processes tab to see what Process or Processes are sucking up all the cpu.

One of the reasons I gave up on Win 7 was because it had a bug in the updates service that would cause the cpu to peg at 100%. Never encountered the issue with Win 10.

If the virus scan doesn't find anything then it may be malware. Do a malware scan. Also do a registry scan.

You'll need to download some software for them. Do a Google for the best of ...

Use malwarebytes, c cleaner and glarys utilities. Also Microsoft defender. Thats all i have used since i started up the computer last year. The top of the list on register cleaners is c cleaner. It has done many scans in the past. If.. its a worm, what is the best way to find and remove it. One last idea would be to dump the drive and install a fresh copy of w10 pro. I hate to do that as i would loose all my flies. I wouldn't want to take a chance on my backkup having the bug on it too. The only scan tool i don't have is super antispyware. I will try that. Will let you know what it finds wd66

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom