Random Chit Chat

No it won't because the other drive is never accessed. You can't have two C:/ at the same time.

I am hopeing that that will help save one of the drives if the other should get hit. On another item. Is it easier for a bug to get into a ssd? I ask because when i do the upgrade i am thinking about a ssd card for my windows 10 pro. Also i have seen where one uses a ssd for the os and a different drive for programs. Is this something i should try or not. I don't know what is involved if i do that. I am planning on trying a ssd anyway. I would have to reinstall a new copy of win10 anyway. Any other options i should look at?

Depends on what you do with your PC that will make the SSD worthwhile. All they do is load faster not run faster.

I never felt a need for an SSD.

I don't know. All i hear is that ssd runs faster and that means that win10 will run faster on a ssd than a raptor. I don't really know other than what i hear. My board has sata3 so i don't know what that does in the speed department. I am going with a quad core with faster ram and i am thinking about a ssd drive to go with it. I know i can get ssd's up to 1 tb. I don't need anything that big. If i goe with a ssd only i would say 500gb.if i use the raptor then maybe 100gb or something like that. If it helps with win10 running faster then it would be worth it.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

My win7 works fast already, its win10 where i run into the issues.

Your PC will seem to run faster because of faster read/write of the SSD but it is not running faster.

Celery, right now i have high latency and seems i have to sometimes click more than one time with w10. W7 i click and it goes there. I just want my w10 to act more like w7.if a quad core, faster ram and a ssd do that then i guess it would be worth it. I need to read about how you use a harddrive (raptor drive) , with the ssd so i can do this or get a larger ssd. Am confused as to how thats done. Maybe a larger ssd would be easier? Will see...

Dan - I'm not sure why your Win 10 setup runs so slow. I've seen lots of articles where Win 7 and Win 10 were benchmarked side by side on the same hardware and there was no clear winner. On a particular test of a certain benchmark Win 10 would edge out Win 7 on another test within the same benchmark, Win 7 would edge out Win 10 and so on.

Here's an example: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/windows-7-versus-windows-10-benchmarks/117276

This is from the end of the article:

Conclusion

Unsurprisingly, synthetic/CPU bound workloads are unaffected by OS.

• In games, Win 10 seems to deal with low-end hardware better than Win 7. Once the hardware improves, the OS is no longer a concern.
  • Have some cheapo hardware? Want to game? Is unplugging the ethernet cord a viable option? If so, then Win10 will provide a better experience.
I personally have 2 tower desktops, a laptop and a tablet all running Win 10 and have no problems with any of them. I also have an employer supplied laptop running Win 10. They all have the latest updates installed and all hum along quite nicely.

All of them run beefy Intel CPUs, (3 run i7 and 2 run i5) so not a good comparison against your hardware but in the past I installed and ran Win 10 on several Atom powered netbooks we had in the family. Those netbooks originally came with XP installed but I felt they ran better with Win 10 then they ever did with XP.

I run SSDs for the boot drive in all of my machines. An SSD allows the machine to boot faster and although the machine won't run programs faster (except very disk intensive programs), things will load much faster which makes the machine more responsive. In my desktop machines, I also have HDDs and those drives are used for data storage only. Generally speaking, you install the OS and your programs on the SSD and use HDDs for data storage. If you don't need a lot of data storage then you could simply use a larger SSD.

Thanks fellow, from what i have found in researching this motherboard and quad cores over the dual core i am using, the quad core is faster than the dual core, even with the quad core being a 2.0 and the dual core being a 3.0 6000+. Ram being faster as i can't use the 1066mhz ram on the quad core but can't with the dual core. Not sure why but can use my 800 mhz ram in both. So, i am reading this correctly, quad core with faster ram and ssd won't make much if any better speeds. The ssd is a better option but not as far as better speeds
Don't know why the w10 won't go faster but for some reason it don't. It wasn't like this when i first started with this tower build. Seems like it got worse after a few of those upgrade builders updates they have made. I have run malwarebytes, c cleaner and glarys and scans from microsoft defender but no difference in changes in speed. So, i am not sure what way to go. Maybe a wipe of the drive and fresh copy of w10? It seems it started to really get slower in the last couple of months. Maybe the fall download could have not installed correctly. Never really liked creative updates anyway.
Guess i will kick this around again ffor awhile. No changes right now.

Back
Top Bottom