Random Chit Chat

Good Question.. Now if someone who knows the answer would post that, we all could learn.
Myself, Its always been Merry Christmas..Always will!! Something about not being political correct or something like that. O'dumbo started that crap! He didn't want anything American so he tried to start his own country. That meant removing all the former customs. Its taken Trump over 2 years to turn it around and he is making some progress but don't know if he can do that in 4 years... Hope he can make it 8 years... Merry Christmas anyway!!!

It's okay, as a Muslim I'm used to it. I think I did get the answer to my original question, tho. Dunno how it derailed like that. Personally I try to use generic words in my correspondence with Westerners at work (if it happens in events like these) like wishing for good vacations, to avoid any possible offense.

I'm ok with SG. Our problem is that we confuse Islam with Jihad.

We are not and don't like to be called infidels.

I'd never call anyone infidel even though I don't mind being called one if it's not meant to demean me; e.g. "SG, we don't respect infidels like you" is rude. It simply means denying a belief/religion; e.g. to Christians, Jews, etc. I'm an infidel. I also wouldn't enforce my beliefs on others. Tons and tons of Muslims are like that.

But since the subject derailed like this, it's worth mentioning that even here in Saudi Arabia legal cards with photos; e.g. ID card, are taken with women's faces uncovered and that's a requirement by the law. So far I haven't heard people complain about that. Maybe talk about it and rate it, but not complain and make a fuss about it. All of my female relatives have those ID's. There are different views on covering the face. Even if the one to cover up is considered, it is allowed to break rules in Islam if there's need for it; e.g. security or matters of life an death. It's complicated really.

Last edited:
What I heard was that if you don't believe in Islam/Quran you are an infidel and must be eliminated.

But if that was true then all non Muslim expats in Saudi Arabia of all countries would be eliminated, let alone not allowing them to come here in the first place. I personally know of tons of non Muslims here. This includes non Abrahamic followers too.

I would have been, if it was true, obliged to eliminate those I know too instead of having them join the weakly breakfast gathering we have at work. I'm a practicing Muslim.

You're not wrong, tho, that some radicals believe in that. Radicals are in every belief system out there.

Back
Top Bottom