Random Chit Chat

The location I referred to earlier has two panes, the right pane; "Details", shows the specs like the above and the left pane; "Items", shows the model; e.g. GT 710. Example:
b0b577c63404e9603e039ae2a6aff511

Bit rate is a bandwidth in general. Windows being 64bit is completely different than the video card having 128bit/etc. memory interface; the one referred to in these posts. One of my builds uses a Radeon Silent HD 6450 1GB with 64bit memory interface. The image is as crisp as it can be and it plays 1080p contents as best as can be and on Youtube. The trick this time is the chip set and its capabilities.

Price tag in this case is based on the tier of the video card; its performance, not the quality. GT 710 is the lowest of the series and has the lowest specs which makes it cheap. It is a mama board built-in video tier. Quality is only affected by the manufacturer here.

Mentioning memory interface, bit rate in video cards does not make a difference in image quality. It's only how much graphics data move from and into the VRAM; e.g. what it takes to change frames and its contents. It also affects how much VRAM the board can hold. Some wonder why GTX 1060 has two amounts; 3GB and 6GB, and wonder why not 4GB for the former. Depending on the bit rate, a card could hold memory banks to have 3GB but not 4GB, for example. There's more to explain here but that's what I know for certain.

Resolution is affected by VRAM amount not its memory bandwidth. There's also color bandwidth (8,16,24 and 32 bit) and this again is a different bit rate/bandwidth of another field and it controls how many colors can be shown at the same time. However, 1GB is already too much to reach 1080p resolution (just to show it. Playing performance is different, but still GT 710 Chip set is capable of handling it. It can even show 4K resolution images with 2GB's. Not sure about 1GB).

Horseshit SG. I saw it with my own eyes. More memory bandwidth means more details in a given time. That affects picture quality.

Let's pretend that cars are the detail bits. Which has more, 4 lanes or 8 lanes? Details that gives you colors, brightness and intensity. The more details you can get at a time the better the picture will be.

I also saw what I said with my own eyes ;)

Maybe the amount of VRAM and the chip set of the video card you used were not up for the job. Or maybe the video card I used was from the future where 64bit is like 512bit?

The Vram is storage space, like a buffer. The bandwidth is how much info you can get to the screen right now. When you have a hi res monitor expecting the info to support it and you can't send enough at a time it gets reduced.

Ask any hard core gamers about their video cards, they'll shock you. They know what they needed and they spent big bucks to get it.

In other words, they need the storage and they need the speed.

Last edited:
Desktop and video can even show at 4k on 1GB and 64bit memory bandwidth. GT 710's specs on Nvidia say so too on resolution:
https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-710/specifications
And it's known that resolution is what controls image quality. At least it controls the limit of how good an image can be, and desktop and videos don't reach high limits.

These two; i.e. desktop and video, are what the discussion is all about, as far as I know. I don't remember bringing games to it or I missed it. But I'm kinda sure WD66 is not a hardcore gamer.

If it's games, heavy 3D graphics games, then yes, bandwidth makes a difference because with each frame, changing a huge amount of data, it goes from and into VRAM and that needs a wide street to move in with comfort. Even then, this only affects frame rate per second, not image quality.

Also, producers know that even most 4K videos (like on Youtube) won't use more than 850-900 MB VRAM (try it yourself) yet they still make 1GB 64bit mem bandwidth video cards. They know what they are doing.

But then of course, it's not that I'm saying you're wrong and I'm right. It's what I've experienced myself being a gamer and video-er.

I guess you don't get it SG. Resolution is there alright but you won't get the quality with the 64 bit that you get with a 128 bit or better.

It's the quality of the picture I've been talking about. Quality takes more data to do it. That's color, brightness, luminosity, depth, etc. All that takes data.

Let's do it this way. Which you like better, 16 bit color or 32 bit color?

That should make the point.

Last edited:
An ant bit me. I felt a sting and looked to find an ant ganging on to my wrest like a steel clip. I had to pull it out. Blowing it off (not up) didn't seem to work.

Never thought humans could feel an ant's bite. Or is it some kinda venom? It itched just for a little while. I applied some lemon cologne on it, but not sure if that helped.

Yo, Cel. Ever been bitten by an ant before?

Too many times by fire ants. Those tiny fuckers bite somewhat fierce!

Actually they sting ya and inject venom. :eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom