Random Chit Chat

Why is 64 bit a problem, Celery?

I think it is a m3a78. Can't remember for sure. Its pretty fast on w10 or 7. Has a dual core amd 6000+ 3.0 with 8 gigs of ram. The board has hdmi, dvi and the card i am using has that as well. Both have serial ports too. Yeah, i know its a ddr2 antique. But is a good computer, just not up to ddr3 and a A10 processor. Next computer will be that. Maybe by then i can afford it...

It's a bandwidth. The higher the bandwidth the more details it can provide. I never go below 128 bit.

Ah, right click on desktop background, Nvidia Control Panel, Help then System Information. That will show the real deal. I did head of many scams form Ebay.

I think I missed some posts. Is the Win10 and the drivers 64bit? GT710 is 100% compatible with Win10. I'm certain since my GTX 680 is so and it's a gen. older. Drivers are still coming out supporting it 100%.

You sure you're using the HDMI port of the video card and not of the mama board? Either way, I suggest turning off the build in video output from BIOS since you're using a dedicated video card. I hope GT 710 is of better quality than the built in video actually. I heard built in video is on par with low end video cards like those. Not sure tho.

I hope Windows installation is not caput too. Some times only a format solves things, but that's a last resort.

The compatibility is there the quality is not. It is a cheap card and you cannot expect much of it.

My Video card is a 1g DDR5 128 bit (and old) for $100 and tons better. I saw the diff myself. On a 64 bit card I had trouble reading text and the videos were soso. With a 128 bit card the text is sharp and the video more detailed.

Can you imagine the 256 and 384 bit cards? They cost $$$ but gotta be fantastic.

By the way, my new Ryzen system is running on the iGPU and it's 128 bit so I didn't need my card.

I just remembered, I tried my Linix box with that video card in it on my 32" TV and it sucked big time. The TV is not capable of hi res so it defeated the card.

Last edited:
Does this help?

954 MHz Core
192 CUDA Cores
1GB of DDR3 RAM
1600 MHz Effective Memory Clock Speed
64-Bit Memory Interface
DVI-D DL, HDMI, VGA
Single Fan Cooler
PCI Express 2.0 Interface

That's the info I'm talking about but I got it from your box.

Notice anything interesting? You reported 1g ram the box says 2g.

Card is 2 gigs ddr3 ram. The one i saw had wrong information. Sorry they list 3-4 different models of the 710 family. Msi is 2 gigs ram. Ge force gt710 list 3 ways of config. All 64 bit but different ram values

Back
Top Bottom