Random Chit Chat

Ah, that's a shame. They're quite common here. Just a few hours ago, I saw one sitting in a thrift shop.

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying. I raise my entire hand up (as in, toward the sky,) lock my finger in position, then drop it onto the key. It produces significant force, even with the little finger of my non-dominant hand. This is similar to how one would type on a manual typewriter.

Let's see... the fixed position I use is while resting my wrests on the bottom of the keyboard, if it has a chin, or the table while my fingers move up and down. The leveraged position is where I don't do that and have them floating and moving up and down, with the fingers non moving except to click buttons. I do notice an extra force in that position.

Pianists kinda do that but I believe the difference is moving left and right too since the piano is wide. Typing in Arabic has a slight similarity to that since the ~ button (under Esc) and the ] , " and ? buttons have letters on them too. Freaken Arabic!

Oh yeah, it's common to have floor setting living rooms here (is it, where you live?). I'm in the process of changing my bedroom to one to be more comfortable when my cousins visit.

i150510432008630012.jpg

To me it's much more comfy than modern living roams. It can be used to sleep too; two in one. I tried both setting and I can't get how better the floor one felt.

Can't afford a fireplace, tho.

Gonna look for some of these for gaming and using the computer:

floor-chair-6.jpg

Last edited:
That design seems way more efficient. I can't tell if it's more conformable since I've never tried it, but it wastes less space.

The only problem I see with it is that you are kind of far away from each other.

Floor seating isn't common in America, but it's something I've personally practiced for a while. My friend, being a Japanese immigrant, always has done the same. We both use Japanese-style furniture, though, which is a bit different than yours.

tatami-room.jpg

The futon and table fold up and go into the closet when not in use. We just sit on the carpet, for the most part. After getting used to it, backrests on seating just feel bizarre. I tend to turn chairs sideways when I have to use them. It's not exactly healthy, either. Excessive reliance on chairs completely destroys one's posture. People frequently observe that I have perfect posture now, even though I've put absolutely no effort into it.

Last edited:
Yep. If people stopped using chairs, couches, soft mattresses (or just mattresses) and pillows, we would have a lot less old people in pain.

Every old person today has bad neck, bad hips, bad knees or bad back, and most of it because of this shitty new devices that we have abused. It's also the lack of exercise and good old stretching. (Of course there are exceptions, like injuries and diseases.)

I recently started trying to stop using my pillow. Next step will be to sleep on the floor. It's been nothing but slow progress so far [emoji14]

That looks like true bedroom settings to me. Here we do something similar on temporary lodging if it's rental flats, using thin roll-able mattresses. Many of such places don't have beds in the bedrooms (which is ironic given the name). Places like hotels and hostels always have beds but they are much smaller than rental flats for similar prices so the latter is more sought after by bigger families in linger stay periods. My plan is to have my bedroom look like a living room with a bed. By beds I mean ones with a base (typically wooden or metal) to hold a mattress or a cushion high off the ground to sleep on, obviously.

Wow it's so good to see you again Foothead ....I just wanted to welcome you back. I haven't been active like I used to , and I apologise to everyone.

I have become a Mod on a TY channel , and it takes up most of my time. The other time I am working at my job wich eats up a lot of my time too.

Hope to see you around Foothead, it's nice to have you back . :D

Back
Top Bottom