Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-19-2018, 05:03 PM   #23601
Fully Optimized
 
Celery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 4,703
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

The US are getting too soft so we have problems. The prisons are more like a damn country club and us tax payers are paying for the prisoners' benefits. That has to stop and quit pampering the damn convicts.

The prisoners are working in house on very reduced wages so there's that. Also the lifers should be given death penalties instead. They say it cost more to execute prisoners than it is to support them for life.

I find that odd. It only cost 50 cents to put a bullet in their head.
__________________

__________________
I came on a Celeron!
Celery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:10 PM   #23602
Daemon Poster
 
AMD_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Memory
Posts: 1,464
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby Dan View Post
Quite a bit. Taxes are the biggest issues here.that and more and more issues with manuel labor for prisoners. There are a lot of different groups out there that don't believe in cruel punishment. There was a sheriff over in Arizona that had a tent jail. They only got a couple of bloninga sandwiches a day with water and nothing to cool them down. Crime went down on its own. 6 guards no tv or a/c not even electric in the tent camp itself. He had lower crime and lowest costs for a prison in the country. He had that for years, but the activists put him out of office and shut down that prison.
I don't understand. Is there or is there not a difference between states with and without death penalty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celery View Post
The US are getting too soft so we have problems. The prisons are more like a damn country club and us tax payers are paying for the prisoners' benefits. That has to stop and quit pampering the damn convicts.

The prisoners are working in house on very reduced wages so there's that. Also the lifers should be given death penalties instead. They say it cost more to execute prisoners than it is to support them for life.

I find that odd. It only cost 50 cents to put a bullet in their head.
Yeah I don't know how it can cost more. Are they injecting liquid diamonds in their veins?
__________________

__________________
"I so enjoy watching history warp as words pass
from the lips of one to the ears of another.
Imperfectly formed, half understood, poorly remembered."
AMD_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:18 PM   #23603
Fully Optimized
 
Wallaby Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 2,314
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Don't understand that either. You would be the other way around...
__________________
I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If i should return before i get back, Please ask me to wait.
"Knowing what to do is one thing ... being able to do it is another"
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:18 PM   #23604
Daemon Poster
 
AMD_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Memory
Posts: 1,464
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

So how about the taxes Dan? Does killing convicts help the economy or not?
__________________
"I so enjoy watching history warp as words pass
from the lips of one to the ears of another.
Imperfectly formed, half understood, poorly remembered."
AMD_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:46 PM   #23605
Fully Optimized
 
Wallaby Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 2,314
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

I don't think it would cost as much, but again. The public opinion just don't know what it wants yet..
__________________
I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If i should return before i get back, Please ask me to wait.
"Knowing what to do is one thing ... being able to do it is another"
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:46 PM   #23606
Fully Optimized
 
Celery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 4,703
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Way it is now, no. We spent tax money to kill them as kindly as possible and greedy chemical companies knows we need the stuff to kill em with.

When they will wake up and find that a bullet in the head is humane as possible and only cost 50 cents?
__________________
I came on a Celeron!
Celery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:21 PM   #23607
Daemon Poster
 
AMD_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Memory
Posts: 1,464
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Yeah, I'm not sure what "humane" means. Cows are killed more efficiently and quick as heck (some cows at least) with those neumatic guns that just push an iron bar through you brains and return. I guess that wouldn't be humane?

Edit: apparently those things are just for stunning.
__________________
"I so enjoy watching history warp as words pass
from the lips of one to the ears of another.
Imperfectly formed, half understood, poorly remembered."
AMD_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:32 AM   #23608
Fully Optimized
 
Smart_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 3,511
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celery View Post
AMD, I'd have to point out the death IS severe enough punishment, they do not re-offend again.

As a deterrent, apparently not.
Agreed. The purpose of death penalty is to stop those who deserved to be taken away from this life and to stop them from committing their atrocities again, not to inflect vengeance on them. That's what my brain says. My heart does say they deserve more sometimes tho, to be honest.

It's important to note too that those offenders are the ones who called the penalty upon themselves, not that others hunted them with it for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD_man View Post
How come? You could just make inmates work for free.
I agree with WD. More inmates require more guards. The reason is that the gained free service/benefit gotten from the inmates will be defeated by the salary given to the guards to work and monitor them. Given money to the guards could at some point be even more.

I however agree with you if those inmates haven't done a crime severe enough to deserve the death penalty to stop them for good. Then it would be the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD_man View Post
It's not like the death penalty takes thousands of prisoners... Maybe 10, 20 a year? An average of 2 per state?
The thing is, those criminals are the ones bringing death penalty to themselves, not that it takes them. Raping a child and kill them afterwards is like telling to give death penalty in my book. It's only fair and logical to give it to those who ask for it.

It is within their grasp (the criminals) to make it zero a year but do they care? They know their crimes are punishable by death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celery View Post
The US are getting too soft so we have problems. The prisons are more like a damn country club and us tax payers are paying for the prisoners' benefits. That has to stop and quit pampering the damn convicts.

The prisoners are working in house on very reduced wages so there's that. Also the lifers should be given death penalties instead. They say it cost more to execute prisoners than it is to support them for life.

I find that odd. It only cost 50 cents to put a bullet in their head.
My 2 cents is that those who deserve death should be put to death and those who don't deserve it, deserve to be taken care of with tax money until they serve their sentence. I don't mean pampered, I mean rehabbed.

The reason I'm saying this is because (1) they don't deserve death, and (2) they are members of the society just like us, who made a mistake, and everyone makes mistakes. Taking care of them and rehabbing them would inflect good on the whole society, the society we live in and get affected by its good and bad.

As for death penalty costs, ours has been criticized heavily by human rights and its followers. It's a lightening fast hit to the neck with an extra ordinarily sharp sword that cuts everything from the back of the neck to the ground in a split second delivering no pain at all or at worst cases a bug sting. My take is that it would look barbaric and inhumane but is it really? I think the way it is performed is what gives it a bad reputation compared to other execution methods.

Again, please don't hate. This method is created to deliver the most painless death, not to degrade humans. I think it's also cheaper than a bullet to the head.

Disclaimer: I hate death penalty and all kinds of punishments. I basically just believe in the saying that roughly translates to "you may hate something while it's good for you (in general, not you as in you personally) and you may like something while it is bad for you".


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think of animal slaughter?
__________________
My main rig (click here).
Smart_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:59 AM   #23609
Daemon Poster
 
AMD_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Memory
Posts: 1,464
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart_Guy View Post
I agree with WD. More inmates require more guards. The reason is that the gained free service/benefit gotten from the inmates will be defeated by the salary given to the guards to work and monitor them. Given money to the guards could at some point be even more.

I however agree with you if those inmates haven't done a crime severe enough to deserve the death penalty to stop them for good. Then it would be the right way.
I'm not saying that more inmates don't mean more guards. But how many more? According to this there have only been 1400 excecutions since 1976. And according to this there are about 2.220.000 prisoners in the US (and almost 5.000.000 in probation or parole), so how much would it increase the budget if there was no death penalty?
Without death penalty, and considering all those people would still be alive, the inmate population would grow 0,06%, and the overall amount of criminals would grow 0,03%. So how good is the death penalty for the economy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart_Guy View Post
The thing is, those criminals are the ones bringing death penalty to themselves, not that it takes them. Raping a child and kill them afterwards is like telling to give death penalty in my book. It's only fair and logical to give it to those who ask for it.

It is within their grasp (the criminals) to make it zero a year but do they care? They know their crimes are punishable by death.
What? Are you saying that those criminals commit crimes because they want the death penalty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart_Guy View Post
As for death penalty costs, ours has been criticized heavily by human rights and its followers. It's a lightening fast hit to the neck with an extra ordinarily sharp sword that cuts everything from the back of the neck to the ground in a split second delivering no pain at all or at worst cases a bug sting. My take is that it would look barbaric and inhumane but is it really? I think the way it is performed is what gives it a bad reputation compared to other execution methods.

Again, please don't hate. This method is created to deliver the most painless death, not to degrade humans. I think it's also cheaper than a bullet to the head.
That's stupid. As a rule of thumb, I usually ignore activists, unless there is some kind of scientific knowledge that backs their claims.
I agree, it only looks more inhumane, but it isn't. (Maybe, I'm not familiar with the method.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart_Guy View Post
What do you guys think of animal slaughter?
You mean slaughter as in a slaughterhouse, or animal cruelty? But who isn't against animal cruelty? I'll assume it's the first one, and since I'm a vegetarian, I'm pretty much against it.
__________________
"I so enjoy watching history warp as words pass
from the lips of one to the ears of another.
Imperfectly formed, half understood, poorly remembered."
AMD_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:51 AM   #23610
Fully Optimized
 
Celery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 4,703
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

The French has the Guillotine. That's the same method as the sword.
__________________

__________________
I came on a Celeron!
Celery is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0