Random Chit Chat

iirc there are 2 $5 codec/decoder packs you have to buy for raspberry pi. but i think it's on a per chip basis, so as long as his cpu has the codecs enabled the os shouldn't have anything to do with it right?

but i think it's on a per chip basis, so as long as his cpu has the codecs enabled the os shouldn't have anything to do with it right?

I was referring to cpus in general, like, as long as intel or amd or qualcomm etc. paid for the mpcodec licensing it should work with any OS regardless?

Windows is still the best option. The only reason I'd use Linux is for old computers or to learn CS.

In the Linux world there is too much silly competition. 15 different desktop environments, dozens of terminal emulators, display managers, text editors, image viewers, PDF readers, video players, music players, and if that wasn't enough, hundreds of distributions. All the same with a few changes that could be all integrated into one unified distribution. That, in my opinion, is why Linux distros aren't popular, thus, no one will write apps for Linux.

There are only a few distributions truly worthy of existing, like Arch, Gentoo, Slackware, Debian, Fedora, CentOS and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom