Random Chit Chat

I know. I already told you my car is RWD not SWD (side wheel drive) :p

But really, they do have good skills if put to good use things would be positive, but they caused death and losses to many. Not necessarily in this kind of performance, but in others too. Search for drifting. Drifting in our book is something really different. Here are some of it and it's all here in this country:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFT1eOumOHc

Sorry we passed the contagion to you :p

Is it okay if overclocked CPU gets boarder line high in stress tests but safe in actual use like in games? What about stress test failure in one core after a long testing time, can it still be used in normal use?

My 3570K is successfully OC'ed to 4.2GHz and right now I'm testing 4.4GHz to get the best out of it now that I noticed some bottelnecking in a game. It failed in one core after an hour and a half so I had to increase voltage and so far it's stable (an hour and a half has passed). Temp is hovering around 85C max but at some phases it got to 95C.

Even though but he pushing it. It's close to melting point. You have any idea how thin them gold wires are? Less than human hair so melt just one and that's it. It's over.

Difference is one hair to burn or die. Heck of a choice.I know i can overclock my cpu and with different ram the board as well. My video card can be also overclocked. Why would i want to. Wouldn't i be better off getting a faster cpu and ram?

Overclocking CPU in some cases overclocks the RAM too but no in my case. I checked and the RAM is as it is 1600MHz. GPU is dependent, again, at least in my case.

Substance tolerance to heat differs in different materials. Intel already says that critical temp to reach for that specific CPU is 105C. And anyway my question clarifies that it's not 24/7 but a stress test to know stability and if it makes a difference in games. That ~85C and max 95C (only spikes to that really) temps actually stayed for like 4.5 hours. If anything melts at that temp here, I would have in like a minute. But never mind, I got that covered ;)

True newer parts can solve this, but that would still be spending money and old hardware will be put to collect dust or thought to be useful for other uses but in reality it would just be left in the junk specially if other computers are already there in the storage. It's +7 years old now and it's for heavy gaming. I wouldn't really overclock hardware unless it already gave its full and started to lack in performance, and I would do it professionally not a do once and burn. I only started OCing like a year ago not out of the box.

The temp reads you get are not always accurate so like I said you're pushing it.

Hey, it's your PC what should I care? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom