Random Chit Chat

Hey Dan, getting crazy weather there?

Hot one day, wet the next day, cold the next day. Rinse, repeat. No wonder folks are sick.

Yep, Its a mess here for sure. I need a couple of good days so i can replace both rear cylinders and bleed. Also have another Camera coming and want to hook it up.

I am giving up the Acurite Weather station and getting a new station. The acurite station is a 01036 and has two outside units and a indoor display. One of the outdoor units is a Pro+ 5in1. Will be selling that on Ebay. My new unit will be a Ambient Weather WS-2902 10-in-1 Wi-Fi Professional Weather Station with Internet connections w/wifi instead of usb. Also connects to 3 other companys so my info will hit more sites. Its coming from Ebay or Amazon, not sure which yet. Both sale it but not sure which will have best price. Will be next month before i do this. My old station just isn't good enough for what i need. I need more info than what this station will give me. Will try and bring up pic's in another post. Having issues today with internet and cable tv. Winds are high so that maybe it. If anyone is interested in my old station i take paypal only. And i am thinking about 100.00 for all three units. One of the 5in1's is brand new in the box, Was a spare for my outdoor unit. Also have a wind speed unit spare brand new also. Its all worth over 180.00 new. All cables and head unit come with it. Pm me if you want it. It will be about a month before i have the new station and i will need a period to switch software and system over to the national weather service. Say mid April. Later, Dan

Last edited:
Lets see if i can get these shots here...:angel:

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_13 Mar. 05 14.34.jpg
    ScreenHunter_13 Mar. 05 14.34.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 2
  • ScreenHunter_15 Mar. 05 14.43.jpg
    ScreenHunter_15 Mar. 05 14.43.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 2
  • ScreenHunter_16 Mar. 05 14.44.jpg
    ScreenHunter_16 Mar. 05 14.44.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ScreenHunter_18 Mar. 05 14.45.jpg
    ScreenHunter_18 Mar. 05 14.45.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 0
Hehehe:D Yeah, i want better equipment with more features. Some of the things i want are not on mine. Like uv, air quality, smog, ect. That and can also transmit to weatherbug and acuweather along with weather underground and National weather service and noaa.:eek: Its more accurate as well. Here is a link to the new station.
https://www.ambientweather.com/amws2902.html

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_19 Mar. 05 16.06.jpg
    ScreenHunter_19 Mar. 05 16.06.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1
If i wanted the best i would be spending around 5 grand!! I will settle for this one. Its around 220.00 bucks. Still good but not the best by a long shot. Its all from the same company. and they make about most of the equipment for the fire department and airports as well as forest stations. I believe that our station in New York had that same brand when i was in the service. I almost bought this model before i got the acurite system. Right after they started upgrading the software thats when we all started having issues. They really turned a lot of people off to there products as a result. There are a lot of folks that want to file a class action suit. If not using the on-line software the station works perfect, but if going on-line the software reports false readings sometimes. The indoor monitor shows correct readings but the software shows different readings and as a result bad readings to nws and wu. Its a software issue. Add to that, They are supposed to start selling a new system that is called atlas. Thats been being brought out last year and still hasn't hit the store yet. They did bring out a access module that connects with the current systems and it replaces the sensor module that sends the info on-line. But they said all the sudden that the smarthub would no longer be supported after August! Some folks just made the upgrade to the smarthub. So in 6 months it would be a brick!! They have a 1 year warranty on them!! and folks will be out of money as they won't be able to use them after the access modem starts it service. Talk about a super cluster F*ck!!!. The system i have is great for anyone that just wants to get the weather outside there home. it also has indoor readings. If they want to start up a weather reporting system, i would say not this system. Acurite has really shot themselves in the foot! They have pissed a lot of people off!! I am not using a smart-hub but there software on my computer. Won't need to do that with my new system as it has built in wi-fi and don't need to be connected to the computer. There is a software program that you can download on the computer, tablet or phone to get remote readings. I could do that with Acurite but had to run thru the computer to do it. Acurite used to be really great but there service has really gone downhill so i say goodbye!

Quick note, Have new station coming. Ain't wifey nice! Should be here sometime in the next week. It was on a storewide sale for $160.00!!! Couldn't pass that up!! More to be reviled.

Back
Top Bottom