Random Chit Chat

Still no use. Had to lower the voltage which accordingly follows under-clocking to avoid lockups. Now max temp is 97. That's a stress test, not normal use. 105C max allowed temp does not mean I should go that high.

One more thing; this stupid computer keeps ignoring 4GB of RAM from time to time and says (3.99GB usable) until I re-seat like ten time. This sucks.

How well does it work with youtube? That's the only thing my adblock plus doesn't want to work with...

It does work well with YouTube. When I first set it up, only troubler I had was with video players on news sites but I found the addresses to add to the whitelist and they work fine now.

confused.gif

Err.. it's +7 years old, both card and mobo. Everything really except the PSU and RAM. Those are like 5 years old only. It's not my main build. I made this one mostly from leftovers and I'm preparing it for the cousin gathering place (whatever the place people prepare to regularly gather is called in English :D). We gather their from time to time to chill. Multiplayer video games is one activity we do there.

Had to remove 1 4GB stick, boot to the OS, shut down, then return it back for it to show in full. Looks like Simply re-seating does not work here.

No, don't use Malwarebytes. I read bad about it. Use AVG.

I guess the zone alarm were being too efficient that it gets in the way.

Malwarebytes is not an anti-virus, it is anti-malware. Big difference. It is one of the best available but none of them are 100% on their own. I don't know what you might have heard about it but it have served me well for a very long time. I use the free version.

Zone Alarm's firewall was always a problem for me. I know that they used to use ESET as the aantivirus. It has been a few years since I used ESET but it used to be really good and easy on the resources. Looks like ZA has brought out its own AV now, though.

Back
Top Bottom