Random Chit Chat

hehe..Guess we are! :lol: That new camera works great. I hooked it up to the tv and wow!! Now i need a rear view model and a wireless one for the back of the trailer and i will be all set.:) How good are Pyle cameras?? Thinking about another Cobra but they don't make a wireless one. The rear cameras should have the bigger screen.

Those screens aren't meant for viewing except in a pinch like with a cop. They are for settings.

The built in batteries are for the memory not operation as a handheld camera.

Nevertheless, they are handy. This is from my first camera and in front of a school.

I found a wired one for the truck back up cam. It will also duel usage as a rear view camera. Now i need a camera for the back of the rv. Camping world has them for anywhere from 199.00 to 450.00 bucks!!! there wireless and use 12 v to keep it running and wireless to the dash monitor. They are a bit over priced for my like! I have seen bunches on line but most are china or somewhere out of the country. No name, no brand. I did find a Cobra wireless backup but it cannot be used for fulltime back view. It runs on a 9 volt battery. no plug for power. Will continue to hunt....

Just get a normal dash cam and splice the power cable to the running lights wires. The camera will then power up when you turn on the running lights.

If you want it to run while parked then wire a power line to the back.

Looks like I'm going to start a Raspberry Pi project. I'm going to make it a game console and got everything I need to put together on Amazon.

I've been looking at game consoles with built in games to hook up to my TV. I checked out several and the only thing that's worth buying are $200-$300+. The cheaper ones had very mixed reviewed and suggest a touch and go.

Now I've heard about Raspberry Pi for a long time and never paid attention to it. In my research I found Retropie for Raspberry Pi and it's an OS for game emulation. The Raspberry Pi have excellent reviews, practically all 5 stars.

Back on Amazon and researches later I have put together all the best stuff after reading review and suggestions. It's $120 project but it will have 5000+ games covering 12 consoles. The author who put together a 16 gig microSD card claims all the software are no cracks, hacks nor trash.

It's a headache to put together working games out of thousands of roms found on the net. Hell, I have over 21,000 roms to sort out for one console, the Nintendo. The author took care of 12 consoles' worth of games and produced an SD card full for a price that's reasonable. It's on my list along with the parts.

That's gonna be fun. :D

That sounds like a fun project Celery.

I love playing retro games on my lappy using emulators.

I know a lot of people frown on that, but that's just me. I think the emulators work so good and play very well on my laptop.

They do mixx. I play mostly NES roms and have a small collection in a folder after sorting. I played Zelda a lot and got to level 8 but kept getting my ass kicked. :lol:

I have a few Genesis roms put together as well and I like to play Cool Spot.

Oh yeah, and Atari 2600 roms as well. Talk about going down the memory lane. :cool:

What bothered me about those consoles are the proprietary controllers. They'd be hard to replace. I have USB controllers and the Pi will use USB as well.

Last edited:
Those frowning at (or on?) classic emulation know nothing :p

Updates:
1- Two power cables burned cuz of using the PSU turn-off switch. Must be a problem in the PSU. Otherwise it works fine for hours.
2- This GTX 480 is HOT! I mean temp hot. Slight overclocking took it up to ~100C with just little cable crowding (or is it cramping?).

Back
Top Bottom