Random Chit Chat

Thanks Mr Mixx, Its smaller than i wanted but i think i will have to make it other than buy it. Its a non-normal size. Can't find many 45 inch desks. They go up to 48 inches, then higher. This one is 40 inches. I have a idea kicking around as to how i want it. Will wait till spring.

Looks good Dan.

Isn't your tower supposed to be placed on the small shelf on the right instead of on the floor? Maybe the tower is too tall to fit in that space?

Looks good Dan.

Isn't your tower supposed to be placed on the small shelf on the right instead of on the floor? Maybe the tower is too tall to fit in that space?

The lower shelf is bigger (taller) then the upper shelf. Its about 2 inches off the floor. I am working on an idea to build myself a new desk that will take up the total space and not waste space. I want to get the tower up off the Floor so to speak. Also a bigger printer shelf. And a couple of drawers. I have a 45 inch wide area that made getting a 48 inch nix. A 40 inch is all i have found. I need that longer space. I feel cramped for space as is. The main thing i like about this desk is the open plan for the tower. More breathing room. Not stuffed into a hole.I want to build one like the custom one i had in the motorhome. I had a open space for the tower, three drawers and shelf for the keyboard. Plus the desk was a odd 471/2 inches. It had plenty of room for a large monitor and printer. Plus i had enough depth that i was able to work on the desk to build my railroad stuff. Just like the motorhome, i had a wheel tub right under the desk and here in the trailer i have the same issue. That wastes about 6 inches behind the monitor.I can't get the desk up to the wall. Also, i have to fight the modem and sub-woofer under the desk. I have a similar idea as to how i want the desk, but i will have to wait till i get warmer weather before i can build it. :whistling:
Anyway, it is what it is.:eek:

Did your hardware come in?

No it didn't. They wanted me to send the whole desk back and they would have paid the shipping back to them. The issue was i had already tore the old desk apart and put it in that box and set it out for trash. It was after that that i realized that the hardware was missing. They wanted me to ship back the desk in the box it came with. I told them what had happened so we decided to just leave it like it is. I went over to Lowes and bought the turnbuckles and shafts for it. I have all manner of screws in my tool boxes. so i put it together with that. Cost me about 8 bucks for the hardware at Lowes and the other junk was ?? so its together. I guess i can't blame the shipper that bought them from the manufacturer. The manufacturer is out of business because of the flooding with the hurricane in Houston. I have seen this same desk selling for as much as 60.00 bucks so i am still ahead of the mess. Ebay said ok. I just told them to sign off with the case. Its all together like it is supposed to but like my last one its really to small for the area. It is what it is..

Let that be a lesson Dan. I always inventory everything before starting anything. I also keep the packaging in case of returns.

I realize you may not have spaces to do that.

Back
Top Bottom