Random Chit Chat

Capturing and viewing resolution on smart phones are not exclusively for the phone it self. They are for the recordings to view on other output devices and for keep sake. They are formats available to use those smart phones as cameras. Otherwise there are formats specific to view on smart phones and those are 480p max. Encoding apps have presets for such formats and they are labeled describing it like so.

As for getting high-end smart phones, it it ultimately an economic decision as long as it stays for +5 years (and that's modest, I'd keep them +10 years). The point is to have them covering up the need for as long as possible and to do that it is best to have highest specs possible and to have them in the best quality to live longer since flag ships are typically made with more care to have better quality products with more life span. The problem is replacing the phone every year or so specially if it is an eye fone ha ha!

I also had one of the aux. fans (a dual setup) broken and had to replace it. Had to turn the other one to max with A/C on to cover up for it (still didn't perfectly cover up for it) until I have it fixed. That's for my car, BTW, not my phone :D

I wouldn't go back to a Samsung from my Pixel.

Truer words were never spoken.

Samsung and LG and most brands bloat smartphones so much that it seems they do it on purpose. Pixel phones are not sold in Argentina, so I always get Motorola. In July, my Moto G5 Plus was stolen and I was forced to use an LG G4 and it was absolutely unbearable, even though the hardware is still excellent. You can't change anything, you are never a priority for Android updates, and the worst of all; you are forced to live with the bloatware, and in some cases, bloatware with ads!! Awful!!

I usually get mine used, which means about $200 for a 1.5-2 year old phone. right now i have the samsung s6. Before that i had the s4 for about 2 years, also used and also about $200. I wish they'd bring back the removable batteries, as mine is barely lasting 3/4 of a day. When i had the s4 i could just open it up and plop a fresh battery in. Other than that, it's a wonderful phone.

Congrats on the S5 Celery. Glad you like it. In many ways it's very similar to the S7 I have. I actually have 2 of the S7s, my personal phone and my work phone. When I started this job in Feb they offered me my choice of phones so I chose the S7 since I liked it so much.

My son had an S5 that he used for quite a few years but he just downgraded to an iPhone X.

Here's the guitar and amp I'm trying to sell. Do you think they're worth $300?

They are New Old Stock (NOS). The amp has a Vintage British Mullard 12ax7 tube I put in. It make the amp sound very mellow. It is the Vox VT40+ amp.

The guitar is a Parker PDF30 and it has Duncan made pups. They sound good that I called Parker and asked WTH are them pups? They said Duncan.

I've ordered a Nvidia Shield TV from Amazon and cannot wait for it to arrive. Also like that it will have Amazon Video pre-installed and get latest version of Android soon.

Back
Top Bottom