Random Chit Chat

So far we have had over a inch. I have a new leak. right in front of the keyboard!! I have had a leak over between my computer desk and the tv on and off but this one is new. If,, i could get out of this rain pattern and get a day of sun the roof would dry off and i could find the problem and fix it. But i am not that lucky.....

Can you find a parking garage it'll fit into? if you could park it there over night, it might dry out enough to do something about it...

Do you guys keep track of your car's fuel economy, and how? I burn up to the last quarter of the gauge then refill for a fixed amount (~$10.6 USD). That amount gives ~400km (~106.7 miles) with A/C on and 85-90% highway at 110kmph. I compare different results to follow up. Fuel tank is 70 liter (~18 US Gallons). Best MPG I've had was ~22 at 100kmph with the rest same above.

I get a receipt every time i get gas and the put the current mileage on it. then every oil change i enter them into a google spreadsheet and have it calculate my mpg. I usually get 20-18mpg depending on how poorly i drive.

usually i just fill it up until the pump stops, and then top it off so i can make sure i'm getting a full tank. that way, i know how many gallons i've used since the last fill up. then i take the current mileage, and subtract the mileage from the previous receipt to get total miles driven on that tank. then divide that mileage by the total number of gallons i just put in.

edit: as long as you fill up all the way, you don't have to wait until a specific point on the gas gauge, it can be all the way empty or 3/4 full...

I think I got screwed buying 93 octane gas. On my last fill up I noticed the performance degraded like I'm on 87 instead. I filled up on 87 last week and it ran the same.

Walmart's putting 87 in 93 pumps it seems. Probably in 89 pumps too. I thought WTH I'll just run 87 from now on and forget the performance.

Could be a new driver that hasn't learned the color codes on the tanks or don't give a shit...
Well, I got enough of a dry spell i went up on the roof and found two places where it was cut over 12 inches and another spot that was around 2 inches. I dried it off and then i washed it down with alcohol and used rubber patch on it and used lap sealant to finish it up. Now i have to wait till it rains again to see if i got it all....

We had a hurricane not too long ago and it dried up the gas supply for almost a month. I wouldn't be surprised if they filled up all tanks with 87 just to meet the demand.

Anyway, my car has a flex fuel engine so the better the octane the better it runs.

My car keeps tabs on my MPG for me. I run from 29-31, with most of that on the interstate running 75-80mph.

Back
Top Bottom