Random Chit Chat

I know, I see it on social media from time to time. That's one good thing social media shows. My Muslim boss is going to London to attend Xmas, BTW.

On another note, they stopped me for the periodic inspection expiration. Now it's a violation to drive with an expired inspection and I've been living under a rock. Is it a violation there too? Here it either was only required to do some actions or they neglected it all this time. Never in my life they stopped me for it.

Some states require vehicle inspections and some don't. Where I live in California, vehicle safety inspections aren't required but every 2 years we need to get a smog inspection. If your vehicle won't pass a smog test you can't register it. It is a violation to drive an unregistered vehicle and they will stop you for it.

Here in Texas we have yearly inspections and we have to pass it to get tags (license plate sticker)

So basically it is a requirement to issue/renew other papers and there is no violation in both you cases.

Here country wide the registration is 3 years valid. I guess that why they put a violation for the inspection, which is annual. Here it includes smog test too. Also changing ownership requires a valid inspection among other requirements.

Here we make it hard for those behind on child support, unpaid tickets and some others I can't think of. Because of these you cannot renew or get your drivers license and tags.

Illegal in country is also one of the others.

In indiana, where i am, there isn't any inspection requirement. afaik, once a vehicle is approved for sale in the US (by the federal govt.) it's okay to register and get plates in indiana. I bought my car used 2-3 years ago, and have never had it inspected as a part of the registration procedure. That's the weird, wonderful and sometimes annoying thing about the US, the federal govt. makes the base-line rules and states are free to add other rules on top, as long as it doesn't go below the standards set by the feds.

And, i'm off for christmas, but my company says if you want to get holiday pay you can't take off the day before or after.

Arizona only asks for smog inspections in Tucson and Phoenix. The rest of the state don't require it. I am registered in Az. with my address in the Welton area. My address on the registration shows a Florida address on my tags and drivers license. Now that would confuse most folks but I am a full-timer rv'er You need a mailing address. They don't care where just somewhere they can send mail from dmv. They will ask where you are at time of renewal. I use the old Welton address. They take that so i can use az tags and drivers license. I have never have been stopped to show the license to a police officer. Talk about messing with his mind.Around here with a army base there are so many different states on car tags that they don't bother out of staters. One of these days i will get stopped for something. Poor officer will go nuts with the drivers license and registration. I have full coverage insurance for rv'ers. Covered is my truck, trailer and any storage shed we may use. I love to travel and am thinking about going back to Arizona again. One thing about rv'ers, we love to travel. One of these days i will end up in a accident. That may stop all the fun, but not yet. As i don't live in Tucson or Phoenix I can get 1,2 or 5 year registration of the truck and trailer. I go for two years at a time for both truck and trailer.
Did i loose you yet?? Hehehe

Back
Top Bottom