Random Chit Chat

Bad bearings both sides, bad seal on right side. New brake shoes, new fluid for rear-end and new master cyclinder. Have to put heater core in yet. Hadna pain getting the old bearings out. John broke a puller trying to get the bad one out. Took about an hour to get it out. The other one came right out.the bad one had spun it looked like and kinda welded into the axle. He cut it but it still didn't want to come out, but did get it! The axle is heavy duty and has heavy duty brakes on it! I am glad it came that way. I am sore so i am getting off this thing and going to lay down and die for a few hours! Later, wd65

That's a good price. I get mine for ~$48 and if I want the warning light to show when the pads have to be replaced (not required) I need to get a couple censors both for ~$5 every replacement. I do that as it saves me the trouble of annoying inspection and to know exactly when to replace them.

These were considered OEM replacements but then there's PREMIUM OEM replacements that's $57.

I don't think I'll need those. Back in 2008 when I bought my Taurus I had a complete brake job done. Cost me $600. The car had 83.1K on the clock.

Now it was time to replace the pads. Now it has 98.7K on the clock.

15.6K miles in almost 10 years. Not much driving hey?

By the way, my brakes would've lasted much longer if it weren't for those damned speed bumps everywhere. Every city block have at least two of those.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom