Random Chit Chat

The other day I noticed that one of the forum members, Cortb, lives near where I am working this week so contacted him and asked if he wanted to meet face-to-face. He agreed and we met this evening at a nearby Starbucks and and I enjoyed meeting and talking with him. Hope I didn't bore him by rambling on too much.

Have any others met any of forum members face-to-face?

Not on here, but from Tech-Forums I have met up with PP_Mguire (while I was passing through Dallas) and ComatoseClown (when he was visiting family in Chattanooga). I am currently waiting on the opportunity to get together with Nukem as he recently moved to the Chattanooga area but since he drives a big rig now his home time is hit and miss.

Well, being on another planet my self, it's most likely that I haven't.

But to be honest, I've always wanted to meet those who I find online and feel comfortable with. I communicate and know people better online than I do in practical life.

After 7 years of owning a GTX 680 4GB, I found another one for less than $95 USD and it's on its way to be SLI'ed. I ain't gonna replace this 1080p Smart TV I'm using for at least a couple of years to come, if not more, so it's enough to max out games on such resolution for me at stable 60 FPS.

Yeah, I've thought about upgrading to a 4k tv, but just can't justify it to myself yet. maybe by black friday the prices will be discounted enough to make them an impulse purchase for me...

Since I'm using it on my PC for gaming it has to be a well optimized 4K if I'm to upgrade. Let alone I'm on 60" already. 60" well optimized 4K TV for PC games and PC in general (big, low input lag, +60Hz refresh rate, gaming options, PC input scaling, etc.) is still expensive, let alone a monitor. Gotta be years to come before 4K standardize and get cheaper for such preferences. 1080p still looks stunning.

I'm talking PC here.

YES, input lag is my chief concern with a 4k tv. all the reviews for the cheap ones i've seen over the past few years said the input lag was .5 seconds or longer. I'd hate to get all excited over 4k gaming and then get burned by input lag.

Half a second is awful. My PC's smart TV has 28ms on response optimized settings. That's low on PC monitors standards but on smart TV and acceptable standards it is great.

But 4K's most likely improved now. Dunno if so within the acceptable standards and price tho. My current rule of the thumb now is that 4K's are for videos and FullHD is for games.

Back
Top Bottom