Random Chit Chat

It's time to re-register my diesel truck but it has a check engine light on (can't pass smog with a check engine light). I have a scanner so I tried resetting the fault, the light goes out but it just comes back again. The code says there's a problem in the glo-plug module. Took it to a shop and it's costing me $630 to get the bad module replaced. Almost $300 for the part itself then the rest is labor.

Ex-mechanics like Celery and Dan are probably thinking they would save the labor costs and replace the part themselves. I used to do that in my younger days but these days I can afford to pay someone else to do that and save me the bother.

My truck is a 2005 that I bought in Nov 2004. This is the first repair I've done to the engine in 13 years so I'm not terribly upset. I don't particularly like having to put out the money to get it fixed though, especially since the trucks runs fine, only indication there's a problem is that stupid light.

Years ago, I had a Toyota Camry (what a POS that was) that had the check engine light on. I took it to a shop to get it fixed. Sure enough, when I got the car back, the light no longer came on. It also didn't light when you first turned the ignition on (all lights come on as a diagnostic). The dumbasses couldn't fix the issue so they simply removed the bulb! The service manager got an earful over that one. I got my money back and took the car somewhere else.

It's cause that 45gb was never really there in the first place:
http://www.computerforums.org/forums/hardware/why-1024-instead-1000-a-229995.html
I got that but that much?? On my computer i have a 250 and 230 was made avabiable after format and os install. 20 gigs. hers is a 500gb and has 455gb after format and install. hers is home and mine is pro. You would think that there would be more off mine because of pro. I can see 20 gb but 45? Thats what gets me. My windows 7 disc used about 16 gigs before programs. Hers don't make any cents!! no dollars too!!:lol: I could see 25 gigs but 45? Thats weird.:hide:

Well it seems we might have a buyer for our home that is for sale. I'm so glad too cuz money is getting tight here.

We are all settled into our new home. My brother and I are living together to save money on the rent.

I finally got my car registered that my Mother gave to me before she passed. Since I was the only one with a driver's licence. I drove everyone around in my family. I was the family taxi...haha

I got that but that much?? On my computer i have a 250 and 230 was made avabiable after format and os install. 20 gigs. hers is a 500gb and has 455gb after format and install. hers is home and mine is pro. You would think that there would be more off mine because of pro. I can see 20 gb but 45? Thats what gets me. My windows 7 disc used about 16 gigs before programs. Hers don't make any cents!! no dollars too!!:lol: I could see 25 gigs but 45? Thats weird.:hide:
Disk storage is so cheap nowadays that I don't even worry about it.

You're talking about a whole different thing now Dan, aside from the pre and post format sizes. Depending on where the OS install disk came from the different installers may be installing a completely different set of bloatware.

I installed the os on it. It was a clean drive. I have her disc. I also have mine for this one too. I took off all that bloatware when i did that. Both have there own passkeys. Hers is w10 home 64 bit and mine is w10 pro 64 bit. Maybe that space is empty from where the bloatware was? It don't make any difference as far as our computers but just curious. Maybe learn something along the way.

Back
Top Bottom