Random Chit Chat

I have noticed multiple personal attacks against me for being autistic, none of which were promptly removed, yet trying to have a frank discussion about how certain statements could be perceived as racist are completely eviscerated within the hour.

What gives? What are the censorship standards on this site? I would very much like to know. Can we please have some basic transparency as to what is and isn't acceptable?

Last edited:
You know, now that I think about it, I question why I even post on this site at all. The newer members have completely ruined everything I used to like about it. We used to be able to have actual discussions, without devolving into racist diatribes, personal attacks, grammatical abominations on par with with the average Yahoo Answers post, and just general, nonsensical bullshit.

For those of you who are actually capable of discussion above the level of a mentally-deficient middle school student, my IRC remains open. If not, that's fine. I don't particularly care anymore. This forum has proven to me, once again, that human interaction is utterly worthless, and I'm better off without it.

Last edited:
I have noticed multiple personal attacks against me for being autistic, none of which were promptly removed, yet trying to have a frank discussion about how certain statements could be perceived as racist are completely eviscerated within the hour.

What gives? What are the censorship standards on this site? I would very much like to know. Can we please have some basic transparency as to what is and isn't acceptable?

Here on CF?

I haven't noticed any myself. Maybe you interpreted it as personal by mistake? Still, if it is personal, answer back at them. A couple of posts later things come back to normal. Members are decent here if you get to know them. Well maybe some of them have a stick up theirs, but that's a human trait that shows up from time to time :p

I by any chance it was me, you can just throw an F bomb at me and tell me what kinda jerk I am. I don't mind. It tells me that I did something wrong that I most likely didn't intend.

As for forum post policy, mods are humans too and things get past them while other they notice by change. If you feel something is inappropriate, report them. It helps.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Don't let the screen door hit your ass on your way out.

Screens have doors? And why would anyone raise an ass as a pet? Dogs and cats are enough.

Better than talking about diarrhea, I guess.
Anything is better than that.

In my current job which I started this past Feb., I have been traveling quite a bit. I would travel roughly 3 weeks per month then work from home for a week. The bad part was that it wasn't consistent, sometimes 3 weeks travel sometimes 4 or even 5.

I mentioned to my project lead that I wanted a consistent schedule since not having one was making things difficult because, since I didn't know when I would be working from home in advance, it made it difficult to plan anything. I was then given a schedule where I work from home for 3 weeks, then travel for 1 week.

I love this schedule (so does my wife). I am hopeful that I can keep it for awhile (at least while on my current project which is supposed to last thru October).

I actually don't mind the travel except for one aspect of it. All of the projects that I have worked on have been in the Eastern time zone. I live in the Pacific time zone and it takes 7-10 hours of travel time for me to get from my home to where the project is. That has me traveling 15-20 hours per week in addition to working 40 hours. The client pays all of my expenses so my airfare, hotel, rental car and meals are all paid.

Any of you have a job where you travel a lot? What are your likes/dislikes about it?

I don't travel by definition, I just drive ~45 minutes (if the coast is clear) and it typically takes ~10 minutes more as the coast is typically not clear... typically.

If that's considered anything travel, I like it because I love driving on highways where idiots are way less problematic where I can use cruise control in a mid-lane (that highways is ~85% 5 lanes) and listen to my eccentric music that I love.

What I dislike about it is that it's a daily drive (almost) which means I would be away from my family to come back to them fast enough if they needed me, and they do need me more frequently than the rest of the word typically does need people like me because women don't drive in this country. Same goes for being away from home even if I lived alone, and I'm very forgetful. I also don't like how the traffic gets crazy around the two pilgrimage seasons which could last for about two weeks prior to each and it's really annoying specially near check points.

And belated welcome back, Strollin. You seemed way less attentive to me lately. It's good to hear from you again (such posts).

What you are describing SG, is referred to over here as commuting. It's your daily home to work and back home again routine. 45 minutes each way for a commute is not too bad, I've known people that would commute 1.5hrs each way to and from work. That's too much commute time for me.

Guess I'm safe then, but unlucky that almost all I know around me commute for 15-20 minutes and in the same city (no season check point problems. Those could increase my trips to 3 hours one way). I do it on a highway of 70km (one way, and the 45 min. is for one way too) that a simple mistake could easily mean my life. I saw many accidents with casualties in those trips in the last 10 years :(

Back
Top Bottom