Random Chit Chat

Random complaint time:

Why is the dithering on Intel GPUs so absolutely terrible? Now that I've become accustomed to Nvidia and ATI GPUs, it's actually appalling to use an Intel-based computer. The way it renders subtle gradations, such as on window interfaces, is simply horrendous.

Because it's a basic extremely low budget GPU unlike those two.

Anyway, I heard of double negative mistakes many times, but today's the first ever seeing a triple negative. I just read this on FB: "THEY WERENT NOT NO TYPOS!!!" (pasted in the exact format; caps and exclamations).

Last edited:
Yet, it's in common usage on very high-end devices. The laptop I'm currently using retailed for slightly above $2000 when new. Intel produces a range of chipsets, with this being the highest-positioned mobile offering from that generation. Even extremely-old, low-end Nvidia and ATI GPUs produce notably superior image quality, regardless of how they compare in terms of rendering performance.

Wow, I just came across the bargain of the century: TWO X200 tablets, complete with working batteries, for $60 total. One has an L9400 and 2GB of memory, and the other has an L9600 and 4GB.

Wow, I just came across the bargain of the century: TWO X200 tablets, complete with working batteries, for $60 total. One has an L9400 and 2GB of memory, and the other has an L9600 and 4GB.

Nice! They are going for more than twice that much on Amazon right now.

Back
Top Bottom