Random Chit Chat

I could move "up north" in the UK, houses are cheaper. I guess the thing is I'd have no friends around me, no family around me, know no-one and more critically have either a 200 miles to work (and the same again in the evening to get home, or give up the security that comes with being long term employed at the same place and get another job. -of course wages are lower in those areas too... So still difficult to afford to live, prospects of finding a job are also lower in different parts of the country...

Moving isn't always the magic bullet that it would seem to be.

The U.K. Is incredibly white, on the last census it's only ~12% who identified as "not white"
Though as it goes, whilst I'm white, my child is not, I'm fairly confident in myself that closeted racism isn't the problem for me.

So, if white is a color, not a race really (or is it?), shouldn't discrimination in its favor (as people) be called colorism instead of racism?

I know Syrians whiter than most Westerners who identify themselves as white. Heck, even my nephew is as pale as a ghost (if there's such an analogy).

It is most definitely about race, not color. The race is Caucasian. "White" is merely an informal term for it.

My brother is dark-complected and, on occasion, gets mistaken for someone of Middle Eastern descent. We are most definitely Caucasian, though if you ask my father or me, our answer will simply be "Cajun."

I though Caucasian was a racial attribute, not a race. But I always make mistakes, never mind me.

Cajun... I think I heard some food going by such a name... or similar.

Okay, fasting is getting into me. Never mind again :)

Foothead you should move to Colorado, that is where i'm from and we can get together and go bike riding up in the mountains....:D

Cajun is a type of food in Louisana around the New Orleins. The "cajun"folk are mostly french. But like French Canadians. There a separate kind of clan. Really nice folk!

The same word for a people and a food? That's one word I admire. I can tell that they are nice already :)

On the other hand, now I know why goats (and similar) can ram without showing clear signs of pain. It's because they don't have brains.

Back
Top Bottom