Random Chit Chat

If you look at Ryzen price/performance, you won't buy a 6800k any time soon. That only goes for rendering though. I believe Intel is still better for gaming rigs.

Actually, since AMD put out the code patches for Ryzen Intel no longer can make that claim, at least not on a dollar amount vs dollar amount comparison of processors. I am rather glad to see AMD get their collective asses together and actually pull off what they had said. Intel has become fat and lazy once again after AMD had forced them to actually innovate and produce actual advances back in the day.

Or to be honest, AMD forced Intel to scrap their "innovations" of the day and go back to the previous generation of chips and build from there (Pentium 4 back to Pentium 3).

I was in jest iPwn but we can agree on one thing, we can make anything that will last a long ass time but then there's no money in it.

This is why we have planned obsolesce.

Basically why Ford stopped producing the Maverick. Those cars were nigh indestructible.

Fortunately, there are still some things which will last almost indefinitely. My Surly bicycle, for example, will outlive me unless I wreck it. Some wear parts do need to be replaced on occasion, but the total yearly cost is absurdly low.

You're being silly foothead. Of course some thing will last indefinitely like a steel bicycle frame and a plastic cup. It's a moving parts that wears and they get a short life of it.

Last edited:
Most Walmart bikes won't even make it 500 miles, except maybe the frame (though I've heard of those failing too.)

I rode one on a bike tour, and it legitimately almost killed me on a descent. The brakes decided to just melt. It was kind of amazing. I had to force a controlled fall in order to not get flung off a cliff at the next switchback.

I already knew I was buying a piece of crap. I managed to hitch a ride to Utah, but my touring bike couldn't make it. The solution was a $99 Walmart BSO. That incident aside, it was still a great trip.

I was in jest iPwn.

Haha yea I knew that. I felt it important to add though that I had no factual evidence of that particular claim (or even researched) even though I believed it to be true. I got your joke, but other readers may not have. :D

Tell that to all the people with exploded carbon fiber bicycles.

A rock hit their bike?

The brakes decided to just melt. It was kind of amazing.

And here I was about to buy a Walmart bike... :trash:

I miss my old Trek... That thing took me over so many hills...

Holy crap, even found a picture of the same model I had!
Trek-850.jpg

Back
Top Bottom